The Welcoming Intern will prepare for new refugee family’s arrivals to San Diego. This will include apartment preparations, coordinating airport pickups, and greeting families at the airport.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with case managers about the date and time a family will be arriving to San Diego
- Conduct shopping for family’s apartment
- Conduct a home visit before the family’s arrival to ensure that the apartment meets city codes, is safe, and that no repairs are needed
- Conduct additional home visit after the family has arrived to ensure family has all the supplies and furniture necessary
- Greet family at airport as a AAA representative
- Update case manager about the family’s arrival, living conditions, and whether additional follow up is necessary
- Driver’s license, car insurance, and own car
- Willing to use own car for transporting clients or to drive to clients’ homes
- Bilingual preferred (Arabic, Farsi, French, Swahili)
- Willing to go to airport in the evening (from 5-11 pm)
- Culturally competent
- Case Work / Management
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Community Outreach
- Life Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 10+ hours/week
- We need a fun emcee! Help...
- Refugee Resettlement Pathways to...
- Outreach Intern
- Immigration Outreach Volunteer
- Refugee Resettlement Cultural...
- Refugee Resettlement Grants Intern
- Refugee Resettlement Welcoming...
- Volunteer ESL Instructor
- Refugee Resettlement Housing...
- Refugee Resettlement Admin Intern
- Event Coordinator Intern- Child...
- Social Media Intern-...