The Pathways to Wellness Intern will be responsible for administering a survey to newly arrived refugees to determine whether they are suffering from mental health issues and need to be referred to a psychologist.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Keep track of newly arriving families and coordinate a time to meet with each family member to administer the Refugee Health Screener-15
- Keep track of client’s score on the screener and refer client to AAA’s in-house psychologist or other appropriate services
- Follow up with clients to ensure they are receiving appropriate services
- Update case manager on the status of each client, which includes updating the case notes for when services were provided to the client
- Cultural competency
- Bilingual preferred (Arabic, Farsi, French, Swahili)
- Background in mental health or psychology
- Skilled in computers, specifically Microsoft word and Excel
- Organized and proactive
- Administrative Support
- Case Work / Management
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Community Outreach
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10+ hours/week
- Refugee Resettlement Pathways to...
- Outreach Intern
- Immigration Outreach Volunteer
- Refugee Resettlement Cultural...
- Marketing Intern
- Refugee Resettlement Grants Intern
- Refugee Resettlement Welcoming...
- Refugee Resettlement Housing...
- Refugee Resettlement Admin Intern
- Event Coordinator Intern- Child...
- Social Media Intern-...