124 people are interested
Mesa Fire and Medical Department Home Safety Education Volunteer
124 people are interested
The Home Safety Education Program respond to:Requests from Mesa Fire and Medical Department Firefighters
- Firefighters get a request for a lift assist (a resident has taken a fall and cannot get up)
- It is a lift assist only-meaning no major injury
- HSE is notified
- A team of two goes out and covers fall/fire safety in the home and installs grab bars, (as well as smoke alarms)
- Volunteers carry/get on up to 8’ ladders, carry up to 15lbs of equipment and install grab bars and smoke alarms
- Residents call the department to request a visit from the HSE team
- Visits are made by appointment only
- A team of two goes out and checks/installs smoke alarms and covers fall/fire safety in the home
- Volunteers carry/get on up to 8' ladders and carry up to 15lbs of equipment
The Mesa Fire Department Home Safety Education Program Volunteer Team is comprised of a group of trained volunteers who provide home safety checks for Mesa residents. Duties include installing smoke detectors, providing fire extinguisher instruction and performing similar tasks to reduce the risks of fire and falls within the home. All training is provided. Volunteers use a city vehicle and enter residents homes so driving and fingerprinting checks are done prior to becoming a volunteer.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Mesa Fire & Medical Department
13 West First Street, Mesa, AZ 85201, US
We will provice our customers with the highest level of protection against loss of life and property. We recognize that we are in integral part of the community and are sensitive and responsive to neighborhood needs and priorities. We are dedicated to service as highly trained professionals in all aspects of rescue, emergency medical services, fire prevention and suppression, and the control of hazardous situations. We uphold this commitment through quality emergency services and a proactive emphasis on public education, code enforcement, hazard investigation, innovative life and fire safety awareness, and community service. This quality is supported through our commitment to maintain a positive, productive, and healthy work force through which these services are delivered.
The Mesa Fire Department Home Safety Inspection Program Volunteer Team is comprised of a group of trained volunteers who provide home safety checks for Mesa residents. Duties include installing smoke detectors and fire extinguishers and performing similar tasks to reduce the risks of fire and falls within the home. All training is provided. Volunteer would either use a city vehicle if one is available or use their own vehicle to drive to the home safety inspection appointments.
708 W BaselineMesaMesa, AZ 85210
September 7, 2021
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours/week
- 2 shifts per month