Mesa Fire and Medical Department Home Safety Education Volunteer
Mesa Fire & Medical Department
The Home Safety Education Program respond to:Requests from Mesa Fire and Medical Department Firefighters
- Firefighters get a request for a lift assist (a resident has taken a fall and cannot get up)
- It is a lift assist only-meaning no major injury
- HSE is notified
- A team of two goes out and covers fall/fire safety in the home and installs grab bars, shower seats and bath mats (as well as smoke alarms)
- Volunteers carry/get on up to 8’ ladders, carry up to 15lbs of equipment and install grab bars and smoke alarms
Requests from City of Mesa Residents
- Residents call the department to request a visit from the HSE team
- Visits are made by appointment only
- A team of two goes out and checks/installs smoke alarms and covers fall/fire safety in the home
- Volunteers carry/get on up to 8' ladders and carry up to 15lbs of equipment
The Mesa Fire Department Home Safety Education Program Volunteer Team is comprised of a group of trained volunteers who provide home safety checks for Mesa residents. Duties include installing smoke detectors, providing fire extinguisher instruction and performing similar tasks to reduce the risks of fire and falls within the home. All training is provided. Volunteers use a city vehicle and enter residents homes so driving and fingerprinting checks are done prior to becoming a volunteer.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.