The cultural orientation intern will be in charge of administering cultural orientation (CO) assessments, scheduling clients for CO workshops, and following up with clients who are in need of additional cultural orientation.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Keep track of newly arriving families and coordinate a time to meet with each family for a general cultural orientation and to schedule them for CO workshops
- Follow up with families who have been scheduled for CO Workshops to ensure they will attend and have transportation to the workshop
- Teach CO workshops as needed (Topics: Public transportation, Acculturation, US Laws & Rules, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Tenant’s Rights & Responsibilities, Money Management)
- Develop new CO workshops that are needed for newly arriving populations (i.e. Syrians)
- Administer CO assessments to each person over the age of 16
- Grade each assessment and keep track of scores for each case member completing assessment
- Update case managers with the status of each families cultural orientation progress and whether more intensive follow up needs to be provided
- Update database with the workshops each client has attended and include this in the case notes for each case
- Bilingual preferred (Arabic, Farsi, French, Swahili)
- Experience in working with diverse populations and with individuals that speak little to no English
- Understanding of cultural differences
- Organized and proactive
- Skilled in computers, specifically Microsoft word and excel
- People Skills
- Case Work / Management
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10+ hours a week, flexible
- We need a fun emcee! Help...
- Refugee Resettlement Pathways to...
- Outreach Intern
- Immigration Outreach Volunteer
- Refugee Resettlement Cultural...
- Refugee Resettlement Grants Intern
- Refugee Resettlement Welcoming...
- Volunteer ESL Instructor
- Refugee Resettlement Housing...
- Refugee Resettlement Admin Intern
- Event Coordinator Intern- Child...
- Social Media Intern-...