National Mental Health Awareness nonprofit organization has an opportunty for a Fundraising Project Assistant. This Is My Brave, Inc. (http://www.thisismybrave.org) is in the midst of an amazing year of growth. By estimate, this role requires approximately 5-8 hours of work per week. This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity.
This Is My Brave, Inc. provides a platform and a community for people affected by mental illness to share their stories through theater programs and community events.
We are seeking a Fundraising Project Assistant to work closely with our Executive Director and Fundraising consultant to help us with various program and administrative projects such as donor engagement, marketing and advertising, data entry, mailings, organizing efforts and more.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but offers excellent experience in a non-profit entreprenuerial environment with the chance to contribute your ideas and have your voice heard as a valuable contributor to the team.
Our physical location is Ashburn, Virginia, but most of our team works out of home offices so this will be a work-from-home opportunity, with meetings in person every other week to go over work and set new assignments.
- MUST BE LOCAL TO THE Ashburn, VA area
- Access to a computer with Internet
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint and also experience using Google GSuite (Google documents for Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Forms, etc.)
- Strong, legible handwriting skills
- Ability to travel to Ashburn, VA bi-weekly
- 5-10 (max) hours a week
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must work well independently
- Experience with Salesforce a major plus
- Creative thinker, not afraid to offer up ideas for new and unique ways to reach our target audience
- Fundraising and/or donor management experience a plus!
This is an exciting chance to get involved - and have a voice - with an organization which is on the leading edge of social change when it comes to the way society views mental illness.
This opportunity would start ASAP and would continue through the summer, and ideally until the end of the year or beyond. Would love to speak with anyone who might be interested in learning more!
To apply, please email: jennifer(at) thisismybrave.org with your resume and let us know why you're interested in joining our team.
- Administrative Support
- Donor Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours/week
- strong handwriting skills