Nonprofit Executive Director seeks Administrative Assistant for 2017. We're a mental health awareness organization (http://www.thisismybrave.org) and are gearing up for an amazing year of growth. By estimate, this role requires approximately 10-15 hours of work per week. This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity.
This Is My Brave, Inc. provides a platform and a community for people affected by mental illness to share their stories through theater programs and community events. Our mission as a new non-profit organization is to ignite and actively promote a positive, national conversation on mental illness to end the stigma surrounding mental health disorders. We believe that every time we share a story, there's another crack helping to break down the stigma of mental illness.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to work closely with our Executive Director - ideally someone studying psychology or social work, or even marketing with an interest in mental health - to help us with various administrative projects such as data entry, mailings, organization and more.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but offers excellent experience in a non-profit entreprenuerial environment with the chance to contribute your ideas and have your voice heard as a valuable contributor to the team.
Our physical location is Ashburn, Virginia, but we work out of home offices so this will be a work-from-home opportunity, with meetings in person (or via Skype) every other week to go over work and set new assignments.
- MUST BE LOCAL TO THE DC METRO AREA - please do not apply if you are not within driving distance of Ashburn, VA
- Access to a computer with Internet
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint and also experience using Google GSuite (Google documents for Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Forms, etc.)
- Ability to travel to Ashburn, VA bi-weekly (or do Skype meetings)
- 10-15 hours a week
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must work well independently
- Experience with Salesforce a major plus
- Creative thinker, not afraid to offer up ideas for new and unique ways to reach our target audience
- Fundraising and/or donor management experience a plus!
This is an exciting chance to get involved - and have a voice - with an organization which is on the leading edge of social change when it comes to the way society views mental illness.
This opportunity would start ASAP and would continue through the summer, and ideally until the end of the year or beyond. Would love to speak with anyone who might be interested in learning more!
To apply, please email: jennifer(at) thisismybrave.org with your resume and let us know why you're interested in joining our team.
- Administrative Support
- Executive Admin
- Donor Management
- Data Entry
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 10-15 hours/week