Seeking Social Media & Marketing Intern!
DONATE TO THIS
17 people are interested
GAIN EXPERIENCE IN MANAGING SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS, RECRUITMENT, & COMMUNITY OUTREACH!
Friends for Youth is a nonprofit organization that has been matching underserved youth with caring adult volunteers since 1979. For the last 41 years, we have been running mentoring programs for youth to provide them with guidance, support, and opportunities for new experiences. Our mission is to provide quality mentoring relationships for youth who need them most.
Friends for Youth is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic PR & Marketing Intern to play a vital role in our organization's presence on social media platforms, community outreach, and volunteer recruitment for our two youth programs. We need a solution-oriented, self-driven, think big and start small, individual who thrives in creating human relationships and networking.
- Managing social media channels and ensuring a consistent community engagement
- Designing campaigns and flyers for volunteer recruitment
- Coordinating online marketing and recruitment campaigns
- Day-to-day community outreach and implementing strategies to engage community groups, corporations, media, and universities
- Assist Program Coordinators on other recruitment projects as assigned
- 4 hours/wk. minimum
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Social media savvy
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work well and communicate with a diverse group of adults and youth
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Creative thinker, self-starter
- Passion for public service and youth development
- Knowledge of local community and resources
- Spanish speaker a plus
About Friends for Youth
1741 Broadway First Floor, Redwood City, CA 94063, US
Creating quality mentoring relationships for youth who need them most.
Friends for Youth creates and cultivates friendships between at-risk youth and adult volunteers who serve as positive role models, helping kids to grow into responsible, productive members of the community. We seek caring adults who would like to make a difference in the lives of young people.
For our longest standing 1-to-1 program, volunteers spend at least two hours each week with a child for at least 6 months, doing fun activities they both enjoy. Friends for Youth staff organize two to three group activities each month such as going to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, museums, plays or baseball games.
We also have our Group School-based Mentoring program, where volunteers get to mentor a small group of students at their campus. We work with grades 7-9 and mentor students across the Bay Area. Volunteer mentors help lead activities and facilitate discussions with the students, while making valuable connections like they would in a 1:1 setting!
Friends for Youth's Program Coordinators provide training and ongoing, individualized support to all volunteers to ensure the success of each friendship.
We'll work with your schedule.
1741 Broadway StRedwood City, CA 94063
- Youth Services
- Public Relations
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- 4 hr/week