Join Habitat Newburgh! We're hiring AmeriCorps Members!
Be a part of transforming blocks and giving families the opportunity to build strength, self-reliance, and stability as homeowners.
Do you want to:
* Serve a community that can benefit from your talents and hard work
* Gain an incredible career experience
* Earn a living stipend (below minimum wage), monetary education award, and healthcare, while growing your skills and broadeningc your worldview
Join Habitat Newburgh AmeriCorps!
Construction Crew Leader AmeriCorps will work closely with our construction staff and will grow in leadership and project management skills as they learn how to build a house and lead teams of volunteers from every background and skill level. This is definitely not a desk job- it is a great opportunity for those who enjoy working with their hands, learning new techniques and tools, and most of all, developing leadership skills that will transfer to any future pursuits. Of these four AmeriCorps members, one will be selected to concentrate on our A Brush With Kindness home repair program.
- Project Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- This is a 46 week commitment
- Work week is Tuesday - Saturday. Please be prepared to supply a resume and statement letter.