The Loma Prieta Chapter is a leader in responding to climate change through our Global Warming campaign, and brings the slogan "think global, act local" to life in the Silicon Valley Region. We are a part of the national effort to protect the planet by growing the next generation of environmental leaders, through conservation advocacy, our rich outings, and political endorsement programs.
Join our friendly team and have a great opportunity to learn about all aspects of putting up major fundraising event for a non-profit organization. You’ll have a chance to polish your communication, fundraising, event organizing and administration skills, while contributing to the positive change in our local area. We are looking for individuals who are able to work 4-6 hours a week, 10 hours on the day of the Benefit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with organizing our 2016 fundraising benefit.
- Assist with updating database records
- Assist with silent auction items solicitations
- Follow up with donors via letters and phone
- Follow up with sponsors
- Post event follow-up
- 4 - 6 hours per week until mid-October
- 10 hours on October 1 st
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, are essential.
- Excellent internet research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, a must.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17