The position of Lead Dining Site Volunteer servers as the kitchen manager for the dining site, supporting the organization’s mission of providing programs, services and resources to assist persons age 60+ in Johnson and surrounding Counties to stay active, independent and safe in their homes. The Lead Dining Site Volunteer represents the organization to the public who visit the senior dining site.
- Assemble hot menu food pans on steam table for meal service
- Assemble cold menu food items onto individual serving dishes for meal service
- Adhere to proper kitchen procedures in order to maintain a safe and clean environment
- Record all food temperatures on log in kitchen binder
- Assemble beverage cart, prepare coffee
- Serve food to clients, following provided serving size guidelines
- Provide dishwashing duties: rinse dishes completely, dispose food scraps, run dishes through dish machine, and return dishes to cabinets/drawers
- Clean dining room after meal service: wipe tables with cleaning solution, sweep floors, mop floors as necessary
- Clean kitchen after meal service: drain steam table, clean all surfaces with cleaning solution, sweep and mop floors, return all serving pans and cambros with delivery driver
- Monitor status of Meals on Wheels deliveries, reporting any routes still remaining for delivery to Volunteer Coordinator no later than 11:15 am.
- Utilize additional volunteers as needed
- Report any incidents or supplies needed to the Food Production Manager
Time Commitment: Minimum one day per week (Monday through Friday) for 2½ hours (10:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.).
Qualifications: Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability, dependability, follows directions
Support: Training for this position will be provided. In addition, the Volunteer Coordinator will be available for questions and assistance.
Dress Code: Full shirts and pants must be worn - no tank tops, bare midriffs, halter tops, shorts, etc. Appropriate, closed-toe footwear must be worn; no flip flops or high heels. Hats or hairnets must be worn, tie long hair back. Hairnets, gloves, and aprons will be provided.
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum one day per week (Monday through Friday)
- Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability, dependability, follows directions