Every year more than half a million abused and neglected children are in need of safe, permanent, nurturing homes. They are more likely than other children to face homelessness, unemployment, even prison as adults. CASA was created to make sure the abuse and neglect these children originally suffered at home doesn't continue as abuse and neglect at the hands of the system. CASA trains advocates who are appointed by judges to be a voice for these children in court.
Interns with CASA work with our development and program staff to ensure that the organization has the resources and support necessary to do this critical work.
CASA of Union County is looking for a volunteer or intern for the Winter/Spring semester to help our program staff continue to make CASA thrive. The volunteer would commit to working approximately 10-15 hours per week from January through May (flexible based on your school's schedule). The volunteer will have the opportunity to help in many ways, such as:
- Organizing and maintaining case files;
- Attending court with staff and volunteer advocates;
- Posting recruitment flyers throughout Union County;
- Engaging in community outreach;
- Preparing training materials; and
- Researching opportunities to expand our volunteer base.
Our development team makes sure that the organization has the resources necessary to do this critical work. CASA of Union County is looking for a volunteer or intern for the Winter/Spring semester to help our development team continue to make CASA thrive. The intern would commit to working approximately 10 hours per week from January through May (flexible based on your school's schedule). The intern will have the opportunity to help in many ways, such as:
- organizing and prepping for Adoption Day - an annual event in November where we celebrate families adopting children from the foster care system;
- assisting at recruitment events;
- drafting articles for our newsletter;
- updating social media; and
- researching press opportunities.
To apply, please contact Lisa at 908-527-7048 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request our internship application.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 10-15 hours per week