Walk or bicycle--you get a little exercise while helping our non-profit restaurant deliver lunches to people who work in the downtown Newark, Ohio, area. Due to downtown construction this summer, we anticipate having a reduced number of customers in the restaurant, so it is vital that we provide quick and courteous delivery services.
If you are:
- enjoy walking or bicycling
- would enjoy meeting a lot of nice people who work downtown
- have a heart for our work alleviating poverty
Teens can volunteer without an adult. Younger kids can also volunteer if they are accompanied by a responsible adult.
This would be a fun volunteer job for teaming up with a friend, fitness buddy, child, grandchild, or "Little" (if you are a Big Brother or Big Sister).
Due to downtown construction this summer, you would be on bicycle or on foot, so you don't need a car. However, if you'd like to make car deliveries, we'd like to hear from you, in case we expand outside the immediate downtown area or for catered events.
You might even use a golf cart if you have one or if we get one donated (but we need to check legalities on that one).
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours min., at least twice a month.
- Be able to make change. Be kind and reliable. Give us early notice if you are sick!
- Take minutes at meetings
- Photography and/or video (phone...
- Articulate spokespeople to man a...
- Google Group administrator
- Lunch deliveries in downtown...
- Social Media Coordinator(s)
- Coordinate lunch deliveries for...
- Community relationship builder...
- Coffeeshop Host & Ambassador
- Writers for Facebook, Instagram,...
- Internet Researcher
- Bookkeeper or accountant