Alternatives For Girls helps homeless and high-risk girls and young women avoid violence, teen pregnancy and exploitation, and helps them to explore and access the support, resources and opportunities necessary to be safe, to grow strong and to make positive choices in their lives.
Become a Mentor!
- Give back to the community by serving as a role model
- Work one-on-one with a middle school girl
- Attend trainings that help you form healthy and positive relationships with mentees
- Receive assistance with activities and full support from AFG throughout the year
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Criminal background, child abuse/neglect registry clearance, and driver checks are to be performed
- Two year mentor commitment; 4-6 hours a month mentee meeting time
- New mentor training session
- Spanish speaking mentors are preferred
Mentees will benefit from positive adult relationships they form with their mentors. Mentoring takes a preventative approach to combat the high-risk environment that young people live in today. Both mentor and mentee will enjoy a fun and learning relationship that will positively influence both lives, creating a new landscape that will allow mentees to make choice that will lead to powerful lives. Since mentored youth are much less to engage in risky behavior, they grow up to be good citizens and employees who strengthen our businesses, our community and our society.
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 Hours per month