SafeHouse of the Desert
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where72710 E Lynn StThousand Palms, CA 92276
SafeHouse of the Desert provides immediate help to youth and families experiencing crisis situations. When families come to us, they’re usually at their wit’s end-parents are frustrated and children don’t know where to turn. Our staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for teens and their families who need help negotiating the often challenging road from childhood to independent adult life.
Our 20-bed shelter is well equipped to handle runaway, homeless, and other youth in crisis ages 11-17. Shelter services include; 21-days of individual, group, and family counseling, on-site education, a 28-day substance abuse program, and aftercare.
We are looking for volunteers in the following areas:
Education and Outreach
Special Events Assistant
Life Skills Teacher
- Office Reception
- Cooking / Catering
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Baby or Not Pregnancy Choice
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Public Library Assistance
- Palm Desert Library
- Sky Valley Citizens on Patrol
- La Quinta Senior Center
- Mizell Senior Center Needs your...
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Neuro Vitality Center
- Braille Institute
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- High School Students needing...
- Paws & Hearts
- The Narrow Door
- YMCA Of The Desert
- SafeHouse of the Desert
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Palm Springs International Film...
- Student Ambassador SafeHouse