SAVE Seeking Communications Intern/Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereNational SAVESuite 110Raleigh, NC 27603
Interested in performing multiple communications functions in a national nonprofit? National Students Against Violence Everywhere (SAVE), a non-profit organization dedicated to decreasing the potential for violence in schools and communities, is seeking a talented individual to assist with our event planning and efforts.
SAVE was founded in 1989 by a group of students who refused to let their friend, Alex Orange, become just another statistic. Alex was shot at a house party and lost his life to a senseless act of violence. Alex’s friends vowed to organize against violence in his memory and founded the very first chapter of SAVE. Today, there are over 2,000 student-led SAVE chapters in schools across the country. SAVE continues to work diligently to promote the virtues of peace, civility and nonviolence by helping students of all ages learn how to respect themselves and other people.
As our communications intern, you will gain valuable experience in increasing SAVE’s presence on various platforms including print, website, and social media. You will help plan and solicit support for our upcoming events. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to build a portfolio of your work which will benefit you during future job searches.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing media campaigns according to SAVE’s needs
- Creating and monitoring social media interactions & conversations and forwarding direct inquiries to the right individual
- Monitoring press releases, regional news outlets, and blogs for source material and story ideas
- Increasing SAVE’s social presence
- Assist in promoting and planning events and activities centered around National SAVE Day, America’s Safe Schools Week, and National Youth Violence Prevention Week, National Youth Traffic Safety Month
- Assist the Business Manager in all aspects of planning and coordinating the National SAVE Summit including:
- Soliciting potential sponsors and in kind donors for The National SAVE Summit
- Soliciting potential speakers and presenters for the National SAVE Summit
- Working with Summit Venue personnel in coordinating presenter and speaker needs
- A minimum commitment of 10-15 hours per week
- Course work in communications, event planning and/or marketing
- College Junior or Senior
- Detail oriented, ability to work independently as well as in partnership with team, excellent time management skills
Strong applicants will have a background in communications, event planning, marketing, public relations, sponsorship solicitation or community management, but past work in these fields is not required.
Experience in Adobe Creative Suite programs, Word Press, and social media platforms including facebook, twitter, instagram, and pinterest desired.
Internships are unpaid, but may be used to receive college credit. This is an excellent opportunity for current college students to gain event planning experience in a fast-paced, exciting environment. If interested, please send your resume to: email@example.com
- Graphic Design
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment