Digital Marketing & Social Media Intern/Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereNational SAVESuite 110Raleigh, NC 27603
Interested in digital marketing and social media? National Students Against Violence Everywhere (SAVE), a non-profit organization dedicated to decreasing the potential for violence in schools and communities, is seeking a talented individual to assist with our digital marketing and social media efforts.
SAVE was founded in 1989 by a group of students who refused to let their friend, Alex Orange, become just another statistic. Alex was shot at a house party and lost his life to a senseless act of violence. Alex’s friends vowed to organize against violence in his memory and founded the very first chapter of SAVE. Today, there are over 2,000 student-led SAVE chapters in schools across the country. SAVE continues to work diligently to promote the virtues of peace, civility and nonviolence by helping students of all ages learn how to respect themselves and other people.
As our social media intern/voluntter, you will gain valuable experience using a variety of tools to create a following and grow exposure for SAVE. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to build a portfolio of your work which will benefit you during future job searches.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Daily posts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest
- Developing and executing social media campaigns according to SAVE’s needs
- Monitoring social media interactions & conversations and forwarding direct inquiries to the right individual
- Monitoring press releases, regional news outlets, and blogs for source material and story ideas
- Increasing SAVE’s social presence on the web
- An interest in positive-cause marketing
- An interest in learning basic digital photo editing tools
- Basic knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest
- Strong writing and research skills
- A minimum commitment of 10-15 hours per week
Strong applicants will have a background in marketing, public relations, or community management, but past work in these fields is not required. Internships are unpaid, but may be used to receive college credit. This is an excellent opportunity for current college students to gain social media marketing experience in a fast-paced, exciting environment. If interested, please send your resume and examples of past work to: email@example.com
- Basic Computer Skills
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment