NUHECDC - Portland, Oregon
Do you enjoy writing and researching?
Want to help provide more affordable housing and living wage jobs for Portland area families? Join NUHECDC as a volunteer grant writer.
NUHCDC needs an experienced grant writer to prepare and write grant applications to support our programs.
NUHECDC is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to improving the lives of low- to moderate-income Oregonians by providing:
- Affordable Housing
- Job Skill Training and Life Skills Training
- Job Placement in Living Wage Construction Jobs
We work a lot with veterans, at-risk youth, ex-offenders and others with barriers to employment and home ownership opportunities.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTIUNITY DESCRIPTION:
- Write, assemble, edit, and submit grant proposals in an accurate, timely manner to prospective and current public and private funding sources.
- Research potential funding sources to support NUHECDC programs.
- Collaborate with program staff and management on budgets, program information, deadlines and funding priorities.
- Meet with Executive Director and Board President to gain an understanding of NUHECDC’s goals
- Knowledge about grant writing and funding sources
- Strong writing, editing and research skills
- Able to manage deadlines
- Able to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising
Time Commitment: Flexible, at your convenience (but must beat grant deadlines)
Location: Flexible. Can work from home. Will be asked to meet with Executive Director occasionally
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18