Denise Louie Education Center provides quality, multi-cultural early childhood education services to children and their families. Our goals are to prepare children for success in kindergarten and support family self-sufficiency by providing access to resources.
We are currently looking for volunteers to help translate documents on a as needed basis. The language skill you have will give us added support that will allow us to serve our families better. You may also be asked to help interpret for meetings or events. It is a great opportunity for a volunteer to gain experience working with families in need, work in a non-profit environment, and give back to the community.
Volunteer Qualifications & Requirements:
- Strong communication skills
- Works well with others
- Respectful of other cultures and backgrounds
- Fluent in another language; specifically Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese, or Somali
- Have a passion and commitment to the community being served
The hours are on call. To learn more please contact the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Administrative Support
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3 months