Heart & Sole creates a positive, structured space for middle school girls to learn about themselves, explore new ideas, cultivate empathy, strengthen connections and develop life skills that will help them as they move through adolescence and beyond. Physical activity is woven through the program as a learning mechanism and a way for girls to experience goal setting and achievement.
The 10-week Heart & Sole curriculum is rich with themes girls can relate to, addressing the whole girl-body, brain, heart, spirit and social connection-and building important life skills such as team building, developing a support system, boundary setting, asking for and providing help, and more.
Girls on the Run of Union County provides a facilitated training session on the Heart & Sole curriculum. Every coach also gets a coach kit that includes the Heart & Sole curriculum guide. The guide contains written walkthroughs of each lesson with tips to help you manage your time, lead the activities and make the most of each practice.
We are currently in need of coaches at Parkwood Middle School on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Project Management
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Life Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 hours twice a week after school for 10 weeks
- Attend coach training and a few meetings during the season
- Coach GOTR at Rocky River...
- Coach GOTR at New Salem
- Coach GOTR at Rea View Elementary
- Coach GOTR at Weddington...
- Coach GOTR at Hemby Bridge...
- Coach GOTR at New Town Elementary
- Coach GOTR at Sandy Ridge...
- Girls on the Run of Union County...
- Coach Heart & Sole at Union...
- Coach Heart & Sole at Parkwood...
- Coach GOTR at Antioch Elementary
- Coach GOTR at Indian Trail...
- Coach GOTR at Marvin Elementary