10 people are interested
Public Affairs Specialist
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
The Tuskegee Cadet Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol, located at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling in Washington, DC, seeks public relations specialists to manage the unit’s internal and external communications. Location: Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, D.C.
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per month
- Advising the Squadron Commander on public affairs matters.
- Implementing a squadron-level Public Affairs Program that disseminates information both internally to members and externally to community organization and the media.
- Familiarizing themselves with the organization, missions, publications, and policies of the Civil Air Patrol.
- Creating, editing, and publishing content on the Tuskegee Cadet Squadron website.
- Managing content on Tuskegee Cadet Squadron social media accounts.
- Taking and preserving photographs to document squadron activities.
- Submitting press releases and other public affairs content to Wing-, Region-, and National-level CAP publications as well as to external media outlets. - Teaching and mentoring CAP cadets involved in the Public Affairs Program.
- Regularly attending weekly squadron meetings, held on Monday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Background or strong interest in journalism, the media, and communications. Those possessing or working toward academic degrees in these areas are particularly encouraged to apply, but this is not a requirement.
- Strong writing, editing, photography, and/or social media skills.
- Aged 18 or older.
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all internal regulations and procedures.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Enthusiasm for community service and working with youth.
Benefits: - Access to public affairs and leadership training and opportunities. - Formal recognition of public affairs qualifications through CAP's Public Affairs Officer Specialty Track. - Training and mentoring available from Wing and Region Public Affairs Officers. - Networking and training at Wing, Region, and National Conferences.
In addition to position-specific duties, all members are encouraged to participate in Civil Air Patrol’s Emergency Services, Aerospace Education, and Cadet Program missions. A wide variety of Emergency Services and other training opportunities are available if desired, though participation is not required. To apply, please email a note of interest to Major Jacob Gerstein at DC051-Recruiting@natcapwg.cap.gov with the subject line DW: Public Affairs Officer.
23 More opportunities with Tuskegee Composite Squadron, Civil Air Patrol (U. S. Air Force Auxiliary)1 Review
About Tuskegee Composite Squadron, Civil Air Patrol (U. S. Air Force Auxiliary)
200 McChord Street (Hanger 1), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), Washington, DC 20032, US
Supporting America's communities with emergency response, diverse aviation and ground services, youth development, and promotion of air, space and cyber power.
Civil Air Patrol, the official auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force, is a nonprofit organization with 58,000 members nationwide. In its Air Force Auxiliary role, CAP performs about 85 percent of continental U.S. inland search and rescue missions. Its unpaid professionals also perform homeland security, disaster relief, and drug interdiction missions at the request of federal, state, and local agencies. The members play a leading role in aerospace education and serve as mentors to more than 24,000 young people currently participating in CAP's Cadet Program. Visit www.capvolunteernow.com for more information.
The Tuskegee Composite Squadron is the only Civil Air Patrol squadron located inside the District of Columbia. The squadron is largely dedicated to the implementation of the CAP Cadet Program, which encourages young people between the ages of 12 and 20 to develop leadership skills, meet physical and intellectual challenges, and serve their communities. At the same time, the squadron encourages adult members to use their volunteerism as a springboard to personal and professional development.
200 McChord Street (Hanger 1)Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB)Washington, DC 20032
July 21, 2023
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per month
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all regulations & procedures.