Public Affairs Expert
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where200 McChord Street (Hanger 1)Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB)Washington, DC 20032
The Tuskegee Cadet Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol, located at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling in Washington, DC, seeks public affairs specialists to manage the unit’s internal and external communications. Location: Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, D.C.
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per month
- Advising the Squadron Commander on public affairs matters.
- Implementing a squadron-level Public Affairs Program that disseminates information both internally to members and externally to community organization and the media.
- Familiarizing themselves with the organization, missions, publications, and policies of the Civil Air Patrol.
- Creating, editing, and publishing content on the Tuskegee Cadet Squadron website.
- Managing content on Tuskegee Cadet Squadron social media accounts.
- Taking and preserving photographs to document squadron activities.
- Submitting press releases and other public affairs content to Wing-, Region-, and National-level CAP publications as well as to external media outlets. - Teaching and mentoring CAP cadets involved in the Public Affairs Program.
- Regularly attending weekly squadron meetings, held on Monday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Background or strong interest in journalism, the media, and communications. Those possessing or working toward academic degrees in these areas are particularly encouraged to apply, but this is not a requirement.
- Strong writing, editing, photography, and/or social media skills.
- Aged 18 or older.
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all internal regulations and procedures.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Enthusiasm for community service and working with youth.
Benefits: - Access to public affairs and leadership training and opportunities. - Formal recognition of public affairs qualifications through CAP's Public Affairs Officer Specialty Track. - Training and mentoring available from Wing and Region Public Affairs Officers. - Networking and training at Wing, Region, and National Conferences.
In addition to position-specific duties, all members are encouraged to participate in Civil Air Patrol’s Emergency Services, Aerospace Education, and Cadet Program missions. A wide variety of Emergency Services and other training opportunities are available if desired, though participation is not required. To apply, please email a note of interest to Major Jacob Gerstein at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line DW: Public Affairs Officer.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per month
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all regulations & procedures.
- Historical Researcher
- Activities Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Science, Technology,...
- Public Affairs Expert
- Finance Specialist
- Project Manager
- Recruiting Specialist
- Leadership Mentor for Youth
- Executive Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Health and Wellness Advisor
- Logistics Manager
- Online Recruiting Manager
- Professional Development...
- Supply Management Specialist