The Worldview Project is looking for a Volunteer Associate Editor for its online magazine, The San Diego Participant Observer. Our magazine is both a source for up-to-date information on local events, as well as, a multi-sectioned resource that celebrates cultural diversity and sensitivity. In addition to normal editorial functions (editing, revising, acquiring new content), we are looking for someone who can learn all aspects of the publishing process.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is highly desirable but not required.
- Must have good social skills to work with fellow writers and content developers.
- Must be willing to commit to at least 10 hours per week for at least 6 months and on occasion, Friday mornings (when we send out our weekly e-blast).
- Organized, detail oriented, resourceful, and dependable.
- Possess high-quality standards, a collaborative spirit, and a sincere interest in the mission of promoting cross-cultural awareness.
- Must have the confidence to take over managing editorial responsibilities as the need arises.
- An individual with substantial experience desired, but willing to train the right candidate.
*** Please do not call or walk-in unannounced at our office to inquire or apply for this opportunity. We'd prefer you apply through this listing or email us at: email@example.com ***
When you write to us, we'd appreciate it if you tell us a little bit about your skills, experiences, interests, and anything else you might want to share, so that we may respond to your application more fully. If you do not hear back from us in one business week's time, then you may call our office at (858) 964-0709, but please contact us first by email.
Thank you for your interest with the Worldview Project! We look forward to receiving your application. Have a wonderful day.
- General Education
- Website Programming
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6-10 hours/week for at least 6 months.
- Must come into the office at least one day per week.
- Calendar Editor Volunteer/Intern
- Social Media Volunteer/Intern
- Journalist Volunteer/Intern
- Harmony in Action Cross Cultural...
- Assistant Editor Volunteer/Intern
- Assistant Volunteer Coordinator...
- Content Developer Volunteer/Intern
- Marketing Volunteer/Intern
- Promotions Coordinator...
- Copy Editor Volunteer/Intern
- Events Photographer...
- Schools Program Coordinator
- General Office Volunteer/Intern
- Acquisition Editor...