DONATE TO THIS
28 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: The Worldview Project
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
28 people are interested
Special note: We do our best to reply to inquires in a timely fashion. If you don't get a reply from us in a couple of days, please check your spam folder!
The Worldview Project is looking for a Volunteer Associate Editor for its online magazine, The San Diego Participant Observer. Our magazine is both a source for up-to-date information on local events, as well as, a multi-sectioned resource that celebrates cultural diversity and sensitivity. In addition to normal editorial functions (editing, revising, acquiring new content), we are looking for someone who can learn all aspects of the publishing process.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is highly desirable but not required.
- Must have good social skills to work with fellow writers and content developers.
- Must be willing to commit to at least 10 hours per week for at least 6 months and on occasion, Friday mornings (when we send out our weekly e-blast).
- Organized, detail oriented, resourceful, and dependable.
- Possess high-quality standards, a collaborative spirit, and a sincere interest in the mission of promoting cross-cultural awareness.
- Must have the confidence to take over managing editorial responsibilities as the need arises.
- An individual with substantial experience desired, but willing to train the right candidate.
Our minimum commitment for a volunteer is 120 hours within a 6 months period and for interns, 120 hours within a 6 month time-frame.
*** Please do not call or walk-in unannounced at our office to inquire or apply for this opportunity. We'd prefer you apply through this listing or email us at: email@example.com ***
When you write to us, we'd appreciate it if you tell us a little bit about your skills, experiences, interests, and anything else you might want to share, so that we may respond to your application more fully.
Finally, at the present time, since much of what we do is focused on San Diego, CA we are not presently looking for volunteers who do not reside in San Diego.
Note: Please whitelist our email address to ensure our response to your inquiry does not end up in your spam folder (if you don't know how to do this, google it). If you don't hear from us in a week, you can call our office at: (858) 757-7254
The Worldview Project is a San Diego based non-profit whose mission is to promote cross-cultural awareness, understanding, and appreciation through web-based resources, programs, publications, social networking and local events.
Thank you for your interest with the Worldview Project! We look forward to receiving your application. Have a wonderful day.
About The Worldview Project
2445 Morena Blvd. Suite 210, San Diego, CA 92110, US
The Worldview Project’s educational mission is to promote greater cross-cultural awareness, understanding and engagement. We accomplish our mission through the publication of The San Diego Participant Observer online magazine, the producing of events such as the Harmony & Motion International Music and Dance Festival and the Harmony in Action Cross-cultural Non Profits Fair and through collaborations with other organizations. Our organization’s greatest achievements and involvement are currently within our San Diego community, but we strive to have an impact on local, regional and national levels.
The Worldview Project is a 501(c)3 educational nonprofit corporation dedicated to facilitating and promoting greater awareness, understanding of and engagement with of our world's diverse cultures and peoples
2445 Morena Blvd. Suite 210San Diego, CA 92110
January 24, 2024
- General Education
- Website Programming
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 10 hours/week for at least 6 months.
- Must come into the office at least one day per week.