The Worldview Project is looking for a Volunteer Associate Editor for its online magazine, The San Diego Participant Observer. Our magazine is both a source for up to date information on local events as well as a multi-sectioned resource that celebrates cultural diversity. In addition to normal editorial functions (editing, revising, acquiring new content), we are looking for someone who can learn all aspects of the publishing process.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is highly desirable as is an understanding of how CMS (content management systems) work.
- Knowledge of Joomla, Drupal or WordPress is helpful but learning a new content management system is required.
- Knowledge of Mysql and PHP is helpful, but not required.
- Requires good social skills to interface with writers and content developers.
- Must be willing to commit to at least 10 hours of week and, on occasion, Friday mornings (when we send out our weekly Eblast).
- A high attention to detail, dependability, high standards, a collaborative spirit and a sincere interest in the mission of promoting cross-cultural awareness are essential.
- Must have the confidence to take over managing editor responsibilities as the need arises.
- An individual with substantial experience desired but willing to train if individual is highly motivated and dependable.
- Minimum commitment is six months.
When inquiring about this volunteer opportunity, please detail your your revelant experience, education and training and tell us why you are interested in this position.Come join an amazing group of dedicated (and highly diverse!) individuals striving to make the world a better place!
- General Education
- Website Programming
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 10 hours per week for six months