8 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: ABA Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
Keeping the ABA Foundation Promise to Donors by researching, planning and providing high quality deliverables that demonstrate program impact at the individual beneficiary level (such as beneficiary impact stories, photos and video footage) for projects funded by ABA donors. These need to tell the story of Transformational Development in a way that is understandable to the Korea donor and helps move their heart towards deeper involvement and commitment to funding ABA ministry.
These "deliverables" will be determined by ABA donors.
- Multiple meetings (skype or phone) with ABA Staff to fully understand the story and resource objectives
- Meet, plan and collaborate with NO program staff to identify effective impact ideas and recommendations.
- Visit multiple ADPs to meet staff and beneficiaries
- Research and interview beneficiaries
- Submit identified cases (suitable child case stories) to ABA before each filming visit
- Prepare appropriate and strategic approach to resource gathering. This includes, but is not limited to, accommodations, meals, and transportation.
- Preparing appropriate and strategic welcome packets for donors. These welcome packets should be customized for each individual Vision Trip.
- Ensure proper logistics are in place well before the planned Trip dates. This includes, but is not limited to, accommodations, meals, and transportation, acquiring permission from government, acquiring consent from child, family, schools, health posts or other potential areas for filming
- Ensure that all financial arrangements for the trip (prior, during, and following) are properly handled
- Following the filming visit, submit proposal on support for filmed child/family
- Submit final report on the support provided for the filmed child/family
Support visiting team during filming (interpretation, and other logistics)
- During the field trip visits, meet with the ABA trip host (fund raiser) on a daily for debrief and plan the next day.
- During filming support with interpretation, securing consent forms and other logistical requirements
Support in achieving the ABA strategy through documentation of promising best practices and most significant change stories.
- Coordinate the process of identifying, documentation and dissemination of most significant change stories, and promising best practices using multimedia platforms
- Support field teams in integrating documentation and communication to effectively draw lessons and change stories in line with the strategy
- Participate in technical programme and ADP assessments and designs to ensure integration of documentation, communication and dissemination strategies
- Support communications in sourcing for marketing/fundraising materials in form of stories, photographs and videos
- Support sponsorship produce quality Sponsorship 2.0 resources.
- Support in promoting ABA Foundation Uganda’s visibility
Travel to USA, UK, & Canada to represent NO at Major Donor Fundraising events. Donor Liaisons often become "the face of a National Office" to donors. When donors host large events for prospective new donors, they often request the presence of a donor liaison to tell the story of WV in their National office
- Support fundraising efforts through presentations to selected donor group, such as major donor fundraising events, and USA Churches, as required.
Ensure ABA donors fundraising teams/campaigns receive optimal service from all necessary NO departments, which may including the National Director, Senior Leadership Team, Sector Leaders, ADP Managers, Operations, Sponsorship, Communications, Finance and others.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Mass Communications/Journalism, Community Development, or related field of study preferred.
- Skilled in personal computing, email and general office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and other programs for uploading and downloading information
- Understanding of transformational/community development
Additional knowledge, skills and abilities
- Understanding of transformational development and ability to translate technical language into language that is easily understandable by donors - required
- Excellent communication and public relations skills with strong English language capability (written and oral) and ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and principles required
- Experience with personal computing, email and general office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) required
- Experience hosting or working with USA/ UK groups of donors or visitors highly preferred
- Experience with non-government organization preferred
- English writing experience with a news agency, marketing organization, NGO or International organization preferred
- Proven technical experience with video and still photography preferred
- High level of cross-cultural interpersonal skill, personal maturity, and proven ability to influence multiple stakeholders preferred
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities at the same time preferred
- Must be available for significant travel time to projects
The position requires ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
About ABA Foundation
Queen's Way,, Clock Towers, Kampala, UG
The Mission of ABA Foundation is Helping People Live Better Life and to Promote the Socio - Economic Welfare of the Vulnerable Communities especially the Destitute Children, Orphans, Widows, Disaster Affected People and Poor Families affected by HIV / AIDS among others. https://youtu.be/Kkp0vieZJCM https://youtu.be/JnEzzV3h0Vk https://youtu.be/-pcExyNapZA https://www.givingway.com/organization/aba-foundation, https://www.givingway.com/donate/aba-foundation, Website: https://abafoundationafrica.org/. Our volunteering website link: https://volunteeralliance.org/cbo/aba-foundation. Our Face book page: https://www.facebook.com/www.abafoundationafrica.org/
ABA Foundation is a Non Governmental and Non - Profit Organization registered under the laws of Uganda. ABA Foundation is validated by an "Apostille" based on The Hague Convention held on 5th October 1961, (Certificates issued by one country can be officially legalized in other countries).
The objectives of ABA Foundation is Helping People Live Better Life and to Promote the Socio - Economic Welfare of the Vulnerable Communities especially the Destitute Children, Orphans, Widows, Disaster Affected People and Poor Families affected by HIV / AIDS among others.
Uganda has been through several Humanitarian Crisis including Civil Conflict, Food Crisis, Floods, Refugee influx, Persistent Droughts, Human Trafficking, HIV/AIDS Pandemic etc. This has left the People in Uganda in Great Need of Resources, including Medical Resources to help with the Major effects these Crises have had on the overall Health of the Nation.
Uganda is a country slightly smaller than the state of Oregon, USA and is home to more than 35 million people. Uganda, while having a relatively stable government and substantial natural resources, is still a country with much suffering. The 44 year average life-span is evidence of the harsh social climate. Disease and war have taken the toll of the people of Uganda.
P. O. Box 70592 KampalaClock Towers,Queen's Way,Kampala, Central Region Uganda
September 15, 2022
- Background Check
- Must be at least 24
- Orientation or Training
- 2 years
- English Language