Comfort / checkin calls to hospice patients
DONATE TO THIS
82 people are interested
LifePath Hospice would like to announce a new volunteer opportunity!
Congestive Heart Failure is a disease that 38% of our patients suffer from. LifePath is committed to providing care and comfort to our patients and has designed a new program to assist our CHF patients. The program consists of daily calls to our CHF patients to check in with them, assess and document any changes in condition and to help educate patients on the program goals. Our goal is to reduce the amount of emergency room visits by managing the condition.
This is a wonderful volunteer opportunity for College students esp those who are pursuing careers in the medical fields.
We would love to have you join our program and are currently recruiting volunteers! You are the ideal candidate if you can say "yes" to the following criteria:
- Required attendance at a 1 hour CHF education.
- Ability to be comfortable discussing medical information with patients and families.
- Ability to remain calm when talking to a patient or family when the patient is symptomatic.
- Will need to make calls from the designated Resource Center. ( We have 3 locations in Hillsborough County.
- Ability to remain calm if the patient or family expresses any excessive anxiety and to refer that call to the Clinical Manager.
- Ability to hear well on the phone and to speak clearly to the patients and families.
- If possible, please consider volunteering on the same day each week to provide continuity.
- A loving heart and listening ear that will be tuned into the patients when making the call.Please join us in kicking off this program with success!
If you are interested in joining us in this capacity, please complete a Volunteer application located online at www.CHAPTERSHEALTH.org The application is under the VOLUNTEER tab. Indicate CHF calls in your areas of interest. I look forward to hearing from you.
If you have further questions you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll work with your schedule.
Hillsborough CountyTampa, FL 33617
- Patient Care
- People Skills
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week