Inspire girls to be strong, smart, and bold!
14 people are interested
You believe that girls are strong, smart and bold. Our Girls Guide volunteer opportunity is the essential way to be involved with girls and deliver our gender specific, research-based programs. Two adult Girls Guides are matched together to co-lead an after school Girls Inc. Girls Group.
THE GIRLS GUIDE ROLEWHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Girls Inc. will provide you with training in group facilitation, age-appropriate and gender specific program delivery, and highly researched, ready-made curricula and activities for you to implement with our Girls Groups.
- You’ll get to know the girls in your group better each week, and they will love meeting you!
- As a Girls Guide volunteer, you’ll be paired with a volunteer or staff co-facilitator and lead girls through games, hands-on activities, and discussions designed to inspire them to be strong, smart, and bold
- We give you supplies and curriculum - you bring your enthusiasm for empowering girls!
Our programs are typically delivered after-school, Monday -Thursday and begin between the hours of 1PM-4PM. Girls Groups meet at schools and community centers.
Held once per week for eight consecutive weeks in the fall, winter, and spring, our Girls Groups mimic school calendars and each Group usually lasts from 90-minutes to 120 minutes each.
We take special care to match you with a group that works for you; one that is conveniently located and during the hours that fit your schedule whenever possible.
We'll work with your schedule.
Multiple locations in Woodburn, ORWoodburn, OR 97071
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- up to 4 hours per week
- must have weekday afternoon availability