HOUSING RESOURCE SUPPORT VOLUNTEER
Housing and Homelessness Resources
6 Pleasant Street, 6th Floor, Malden, MA 02148
The Housing and Homelessness Resources Division is looking individuals with an interest in social work and human services to provide direct-client and administrative assistance.
- Conduct phone and in-person intake
- Make follow-up calls to clients who fail to show up for appointments
- Assist Workshop Leaders by registering participants up for the workshops, distributing necessary documents and materials, and setting up for workshops
- Assist clients in their housing search using newspapers and the internet to look for apartments
- Help clients fill out housing applications
- Perform data entry and maintain data tracking systems up to date
- File paperwork
- Perform other related duties
Skills & Qualifications:
Human Services, Social Work, or similar background highly desired. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional organizational skills required. Must be able to work sensitively with individuals of diverse socio-economic backgrounds. Demonstrated experience working in fast paced environment preferred.
Length of Commitment:
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9am-2:30pm. Half hour break included.
Please complete our Online Application at https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1825256508.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- VITA Tax Preparer ? Everett...
- Video Editing Intern
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- VITA Tax Preparer ? Mystic...
- VITA Tax Preparer ? Parker...
- VITA Tax Preparer ? Medford...
- Events Intern
- VITA Tax Preparer ? Dorchester...
- Housing Resource Support Volunteer
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- VITA Tax Preparer ? Mattapan...
- Community Planning and Research...
- VITA Tax Preparer ? Roxbury/N....