WALK IN JOB ASSISTANCE: Tues and Thur 2-5pm, Sat 12-3pm
Description - During Drop-in Hours, people work on resumes, look for jobs, learn how to type, etc. Anywhere from 15-20 people come through on a typical day - most of them will stay for more than an hour, some for the entire time.
There are 6 Volunteer Stations
1. Welcome Desk - receptionist
2. Registration - intake assistants
3. Resume - resume builders
4. Job Applications - online helpers
5. Open Computers - online helpers
6. Kiosk - administrative coordinator
Recommended Personality and Skills:bold,administrative, good listener, encouraging and positive attitude.
Training:Arrive 30 min prior to opening.
Required Materials: Training packet available at the Cafe.
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly/bi-weekly for minimum of 5 months