Position Summary: Under the guidance of the Development Coordinator and Communications Director, the Intern will assist with the drafting communications on Public Policy for our members as well as assisting the Development Coordinator with coordinating events, managing donor lists, drafting Appeals Letters, updating our website (WordPress) and social media accounts.
The internship will provide hands-on experience with great autonomy. It is a good opportunity to build skills in development and communications and a stepping stone for people who are interested in develop their career.
- Coordinate & manage events by working with different clients in reserving and planning events to host; organize logistics, help market events in coordination with Development Coordinator
- Manage and communicate with donors
- Communicate and participate in Development Committee meeting
- Perform other duties assigned
- Experience in event planning, fund raising and donor management
- Interest in advocacy for persons with disabilities
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills with a solid orientation to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong record keeping and note taking skills. Reliable and able to commit for entire semester
Time Commitment: Flexible hours. We ask for a minimum time commitment of 140 hours (approximately 10/15 hours per week) primarily weekday hours (Preferable Mon-Thu 9am-2pm.) but some evening and weekend hours may be needed.
Benefits: The Development/Communications Intern will receive training, guidance and feedback in order to develop professional event planning, grant writing and donor management skills. The Arc Minnesota is committed to providing a friendly, supportive and professional experience for its interns.
- Event Design & Planning
- Donor Management
- Data Entry
- Technical Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 10-15 hr/week