Heartland Hospice seeks volunteers to visit hospice patients in their homes in the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area, including Wright, Isanti, Chisago and Pine Counties in Minnesota and Polk, St. Croix and Pierce Counties in Wisconsin.
Volunteers are an important part of the hospice patient care team. Visiting hospice patients can be very rewarding work. Volunteers help improve quality of life for patients by offering companionship and respite (breaks and support) for their family members.
To qualify, volunteers must:
* pass a background check, including fingerprinting;
* provide 4 personal references;
* complete 14 hours of training (including about 10 hours of homework); and
* have a double Mantoux test (under the skin injections to screen for tuberculosis).
For more information or to request an application packet, call Brenda at 651-638-8227.
- People Skills
- Video Production
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Animal Therapy
- Bereavement Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training