HOSPICE PATIENT VISITOR VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
135 people are interested
Heartland Hospice seeks volunteers to visit hospice patients in their homes in the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area, including Wright, Isanti, Chisago and Pine Counties in Minnesota and Polk, St. Croix and Pierce Counties in Wisconsin.
Volunteers are an important part of the hospice patient care team. Visiting hospice patients can be very rewarding work. Volunteers help improve quality of life for patients by offering companionship and respite (breaks and support) for their family members.
To qualify, volunteers must:
* pass a background check, including fingerprinting;
* provide 3 personal references;
* complete 14 hours of training (including about 10 hours of homework); and
* have a double Mantoux test (under the skin injections to screen for tuberculosis).
Foreign language skills are a plus, as is a willingness to drive 25+ miles one way on occasion. For more information or to request an application packet, please call Brenda at 651-638-8227.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Minneapolis, MNMinneapolis, MN 55402
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Bereavement Support
- Elder care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training