Do you like participating in planning and putting on events?
Do you want to be a part of the event team? We are looking for volunteers for two events that will take place in August and September of 2016. A planning meeting with event volunteers will be in July.
These events are to support performances of a new one-act opera, "The Boy Who Grew Too Fast". This is a Bully Preventing opera, for young people. Support from the event will help us afford to bring the opera into schools that have no funds for this. and will help support 2 performances in the Marin Center Showcase Theatre November 11 and 12 for young people, and the public, and two performances for schools to attend.
Your main tasks will be to attend a planning meeting in July and one in August.
Get Refreshments donated in advance, and plan the publicity, marketing.
Plan how the event will take place the day of the event:
- Manage the refreshments and food tables.
- Manage the marketing table with mailing list and marketing materials.
- Maintain a relationship with the guests by going around during the event.
- Clean up at the end of the event and ensure the material is taking back properly.
- No experience needed but willingness to commit tasks in August and September. Dates announced shortly after we gather the team.
- Good communication skills.
- Good social skills.
This is the opportunity to be a part of an Opera event, gain experience in event planning, and have fun during a great event. If you are interested, contact us and we will be happy to welcome you in our team.
- Food & Beverage Services
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- 2 event planning meetings, one in July and in Aug
- Good people person, reliable, follow through, positive attitude.