Do you like Event Planning (volunteering putting together an Event) and Being a Volunteer at an event
Do you want to be a part of the event team?
1) We are looking for volunteers to plan summer event ( July and or August Event, September Special event
2) Special events - fundraising events in 2018 to support
a) performances of a Bullying Prevention opera for schools, a charming one-act for children called, "The Boy Who Grew Too Fast".
b) Opera Season 2018-19: Support Golden Gate Opera and our productions.
b) fundraising events during summer and fall 2018 to support our ability to bring this opera into schools since most schools lack funds for special educational arts events.
Your main tasks will be to attend a planning meeting in May and one in June
Select a project as part of this event plan and work on achievements in that area.
1) Refreshments Donations: Achieve in-kind donations of refreshments for summer and fall events. Solicit Refreshment donations April - Sept. 2018
2) Auction Item Donations: Solicit Auction Items now for big event in Fall 2018. Coordinate with event planning team as to what items to get. Do this by contacting businesses and sending our Item Donation form, keep track in a google doc of who you contact, results, and next steps.
3) Plan how the event will take place the day of the event: Schedule of activities and how many volunteers needed.
4) Day of the Event-
- Manage the refreshments and food tables.
- Manage the marketing table with mailing list and marketing materials.
- Relationships: friendly and responsible attitude greeting and helping guests during the event.
- Clean up at the end of the event and ensure GGO materials are removed from the event venue, and returned to a storage, ready to be held for future use.
- Event Planning experience is a plus: No experience needed but willingness to commit tasks in April and May for various dates. Be part of the Event Team. Tell us your schedule so we can work together
- Good communication skills.
- Good social skills.
This is the opportunity to be a part of an Opera event, gain experience in event planning, enjoy success of guests at opera up close and personal. I
Interested persons, in helping at an event, or helping on a team of volunteers planning an event or our events, contact us and we will be happy to place you in position for success
- Food & Beverage Services
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- 2 event planning meetings, ongoing teamwork
- Good people skills, reliable, follow through, positive attitude, loves music
- Marketing Director/Manager for...
- Donor Relation Manager - Data...
- Event volunteer - Opera Fun
- Are you great at Planning Parties?
- Website Designer for Opera &...
- Be creative with your life-aim...
- Love to Hunt for Treasure? Be...
- Are you Passionate about...
- Opera Fundraising- FUN Raising
- Arts Administration Intern for...
- Sew you love to make costumes?
- Are you good at writing and...
- Volunteer Manager HR
- Fun Raising for Opera Events