Do you like participating in planning and putting on events?
Do you want to be a part of the event team?
1) We are looking for volunteers for April 30th Lobby hosts- hostesses at opera performance at Marin Center, Marin Showcase Theatre. Anti Bullying one act opera for children, called "The Boy Who Grew Too Fast" with orchestra, professional opera singers, children choruses, sets, costumes, lighting etc. The works.
2) Special events - fundraising events in 2017 to support
a) performances of a charming one-act opera for children called, "The Boy Who Grew Too Fast". This is a Bully Preventing opera.
b) fundraising events during summer and fall 2017, that support our ability to bring this opera into schools since most schools lack funds for special educational arts events.
Your main tasks will be to attend a planning meeting in May and one in June
Get Refreshments donated in advance for these fundraising fun opera events, and plan the publicity, help with marketing, and community outreach
Plan how the event will take place the day of the event:
- Manage the refreshments and food tables.
- Manage the marketing table with mailing list and marketing materials.
- Maintain a relationship with the guests by sincere friendly and responsible attitude during the event.
- Clean up at the end of the event and ensure the material is taking back properly.
- Event Planning experience is a plus: No experience needed but willingness to commit tasks in April or various dates. Be part of the Event Team.
- Good communication skills.
- Good social skills.
This is the opportunity to be a part of an Opera event, gain experience in event planning, and have fun during a great event and enjoy opera up close and personal. If you are interested, contact us and we will be happy to welcome you in our team.
- Food & Beverage Services
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- 2 event planning meetings, ongoing teamwork
- Good people person, reliable, follow through, positive attitude, loves music