Do you like Event Planning (volunteering putting together an Event) and Being a Volunteer at an event
Do you want to be a part of the event team?
1) We are looking for volunteers to plan August - September Special event
2) Special events - fundraising events in 2018 to support
a) performances of a Bullying Prevention opera for schools, a charming one-act for children called, "The Boy Who Grew Too Fast".
b) Opera Season 2018-19: Support Golden Gate Opera and our productions.
b) fundraising events during summer/ fall 2018 to support our ability to bring this opera into schools since most schools lack funds for special educational arts events.
Your main tasks will be to attend two planning meeting
Select a project as part of this event plan and work on achievements in that area.
1) Refreshments Donations: Achieve in-kind donations of refreshments for 2018 events. Solicit Refreshment donations using our Item donation form.
2) Auction Item Donations: Solicit Auction Items now for big event in Fall 2018. Coordinate with event planning team as to what items to get. Contact businesses and send them our Item Donation form. Teamwork together in a Google-doc. recording who you contact, results, and bext action.
3) Plan how schedule the day of the event: Schedule of activities and how many volunteers needed.
4) Day of the Event-
- Manage the refreshments and food tables.
- Manage the marketing table with mailing list and marketing materials.
- Relationships: friendly and responsible attitude greeting and helping guests during the event.
- Clean up at the end of the event and ensure GGO materials are removed from the event venue, and returned to a storage, ready to be held for future use.
- Event Planning experience is a plus: No experience needed but willingness to commit tasks in April and May for various dates. Be part of the Event Team. Tell us your schedule so we can work together
- Good communication skills.
- Good social skills.
This is the opportunity to be a part of an Opera event, gain experience in event planning, enjoy success of guests at opera up close and personal.
Interested persons, in helping at an event, or helping on a team of volunteers planning an event or our events - Please contact us and we will be happy to place you in position for success