Event volunteer - for Opera
6 people are interested
Join our Opera Event Planning team. Co-Chair opening and event on site volunteers
- Special events - Dec 2019- May 30, 2020
- Aria Parties in private home, with delicious refreshments donated by local restaurants
- Plan a larger fundraising event on our team
Goal: Vital fundraising creates Opera in Schools, Senior retirement communities, and On Stage in Theatre.
Time commitment: A few in person event planning meetings & phone meetings.
Select your focus:
Achieve Item donations for prizes , and refreshments
1) Solicit fun Refreshment donations with our Item donation form.
2) Achieve exciting prizes, donated by local merchants.
3) Coordinate what items to get.
3) Teamwork -Relationship development with local businesses
4) Graphic Design for invitations, signage, certificates
Day of the Event:
- Set up refreshments and displays
- Manage displays- marketing handouts, materials.
- GREETERS, and SERVERS: Friendly attitude helps guests enjoy fabulous views, socialize.
- Assist with end of the event clean up, remove remaining GGO materials from venue, and returnj to where they are stored and can be ready for future use.
- Event Planning experience a plus:, career experience as Event Planner?
- Long Range Planning: for scheduled dates
- Be part of the Event Team. We work with your schedule in consideration.
Excellent communication skills.
- Great social skills.
This is the opportunity to be a part of an Opera event, gain experience in event planning, enjoy success of guests at opera up-close and personal.
Whether interested in helping at an event, helping on a team of event planning volunteers,
seeking leadership role by managing event task list, and marketing success by working on Event PR, a mailing and marketing resulting in successful attendance
- Please contact us and we will be happy to place you in position for success
A Leadership Event Committee Role is possible Board position. Contact us to schedule a phone conversation.
I realize this is not a brief description. If you are great at writing brief descriptions of volunteer positions, we welcome your participation on our Event and Fundraising Teams. Let's do it!
About Golden Gate Opera
51 Roundtree Blvd., San Rafael, CA 94903, US
Golden Gate Opera is dedicated to sharing the joys of the myriad of fine arts found in live professional opera with people of all ages, cultural and economic backgrounds to enrich lives. We inspire a better life, through first rate performances and educational programs. We develop careers for emerging professional talent - singers, designers, directors and conductors through performances in the theatre, Aria Parties in private homes, In-School programs, plus Field Trips to the opera for K-12 school student groups. We arrange for low-income groups and senior communities to experience this art form, especially where they can in no other way experience this than that we bring it to them.
Golden Gate Opera, (GGO) proudly celebrates its 23rd Anniversary year in 2019 Transforming lives with Opera . Winner of National Endowment for the Arts and California Arts Council Grant Award, 2016 for premiere of "Lincoln-The African American Connection", 2017 -West Coast Premiere of Anti-Bullying one-act for children - Menotti's "The Boy Who Grew Too Fast". GGO professional singers collaborate with children choruses and Musica Marin chamber orchestra of musicians from SF Opera, SF Symphony and SF Ballet for glorious realization creating a better life for children. Volunteers help with auditions, marketing, refreshments, graphic design, greet audience and guests.
We'll work with your schedule.
Geldert DrTiburon, CA 94920
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 event planning meetings, teamwork via phone meetings
- Excellent people skills, reliable, follow through, positive attitude, enjoy music and arts, Love opera or would like to learn more about opera, Take a role in the cast and crew of producing opera and events to benefit our society.