Event volunteer - Opera Fun
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
Do you enjoy Event Planning (putting together an Event) and volunteering at an event?
Would you like to be part of our Event Team or enjoy a Leadership Role?
1) We are looking for volunteers to plan Events taking place from June 2019 through December 2019. You may sign up for one specific event, such as for planning and the July 27 party.
2) Special events - events in 2019 to support:
a) "The Emancipation Project", opera going into the community, about President Lincoln and 3 African American Friends of his and 2 Gospel songs, that influenced him to sign the Emancipation Proclamation.
b) Aria Parties in private home, with delicious refreshments donated by local restaurants
b) Opera in the schools, senior retirement communities, and opera in a theatre including setting up lobby display - greeting arriving audience and intermission audience.
Time commitment: Attend approximately 2 in person event planning meetings & phone meetings.
Select your focus:
Achieve Item donations for prizes (we will show you how), and refreshment donations
1) Solicit 2019 Refreshment donations using our Item donation form.
2) Auction Item Donations: Solicit Auction Items now for 2019 events. Coordinate with event planning team as to what items to get. Contact businesses, email or bring them GGO'S Item Donation form.
3) Teamwork in a Google-doc: Record who you reached, their contact information, email, phone and address, and track results.
3) Artist talent? Invitation design, flyer design, and email design
4) Day of the Event:
- Set up the refreshments and food tables.
- Manage the marketing table with mailing list and marketing materials.
- Relationships: friendly attitude greeting and helping guests during the event.
- Assist with clean up at end of the event, remove remaining GGO materials from the event venue, returned to where they are stored and can be ready for future use.
- Event Planning experience is a plus:
- Willingness to commit to planning tasks for future dates.
- Be part of the Event Team. Tell us your schedule so we can work together
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good social skills.
This is the opportunity to be a part of an Opera event, gain experience in event planning, enjoy success of guests at opera up-close and personal.
Whether interested in helping at an event, helping on a team of event planning volunteers,
seeking leadership role by managing event task list, and marketing success by working on Event PR, a mailing and marketing resulting in successful attendance
- Please contact us and we will be happy to place you in position for success
A Leadership Event Committee Role is possible Board position. Contact us to schedule a phone conversation.
I realize this is not a brief description. If you are great at writing brief descriptions of volunteer positions, we welcome your participation on our Event and Fundraising Teams. Let's do it!!
Geldert DrTiburon, CA 94920
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 event planning meetings, teamwork via phone meetings or two person planning.on location.
- Excellent people skills, reliable, follow through, positive attitude, enjoy music and arts, Love opera or would like to learn more about opera, Take a role in the cast and crew of producing opera and events to benefit our society.