Do you like managing volunteers, and making sure people are matched with specific tasks, and events go smoothely? Are you enthusiastic about retaining friendships and building teams? Then this is an opportunity for you to develop and improve your skills in event planning, management, and communication.
We are looking for 2 people who are skilled in volunteer management and HR. You'll help recruit volunteers, match their skills to our needs, and build a team with HR. These are Board Positions: A Volunteer Chair person, Volunteer Coordinator, Volunteer Managers, will work together have our volunteer base assigned, and active while we go towards our upcoming goals.
To support performances of "The Boy Who Grew Too Fast" a bully preventing one act by Menotti, in the Marin Center Showcase Theatre November 11 and 12 and you will learn of the volunteer tasks to prepare us for going into schools with this during October, 2016, which is National Bully PRevention Month.
Two exciting performance projects and One or Two Aria parties in private homes.
Your tasks will be to:
- Confirm with ED. the performance and school outreach dates are set, so volunteers can be assigned
- Ensure that people can access properly the location.
- Ensure that volunteers are assigned to specific dates for this fall.
- Arrange with ED dates for mailings and other communications, and set up volunteers to plan to assista with those marketing projects.
- Ensure event volunteers are properly doing their tasks on time.
- Assist volunteers in their tasks.
-Encourage volunteers toward success.
- Assist with conflict resolution among volunteers, guests, and any other parties.
- Ensure that volunteers work in a safe, healthy, and supportive environment.
- Recruit and appoint volunteer coordinator for successful task lists and assignments.
- No experience needed but a strong desire to learn and commit to this Volunteerism and Volunteer Team Development
- Professional attitude.
- Enjoy social environment and talking to people.
We are looking for two volunteer managers to partner in this area, plan events, appoint event chairs, lead event planning meetings, be present with the volunteers the day of the event. This is an opportunity that can lead to other events and experience. If you are looking to gain experience in event planning, management, communication and in the same time, helping a great art event to take place, send us an email and we will be more than happy to welcome you into our team. email@example.com
Ideal is a professional in Event Management, or experienced evey planner to develop our Volunteer teams, and also plan Volunteer Reward Event.
Volunteer Event Planning Meetings (2) are at 51 Roundtree Blvd. and lead to specific events at event locations. Details upon contacting us.
Possible Board Member position.
- Food & Beverage Services
- Event Planning / Management
- Donor Management
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Recruitment
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 2 event volunteer plan meetings & 6 hours / month
- Positive Attitude, Organized, Love the Arts, Like to complete projects, relationship building skill