This Is My Brave is seeking a Video and multimedia Intern (or dedicated volunteer) for the first half of 2018. We're a mental health awareness organization (http://www.thisismybrave.org) and are experiencing significant growth. We estimate this role requires 5-15 hours of work per week and is a great winter/spring internship opportunity for a college student.
This Is My Brave, Inc. provides a platform and a community for people affected by mental illness to share their stories through theater programs and community events. Our mission as a non-profit organization is to ignite and actively promote a positive, national conversation on mental illness to end the stigma surrounding mental health disorders through the sharing of true stories that inspire and promote the hope found within recovery. We believe that every time we share a story, there's another crack helping to break down the stigma of mental illness.
This is an unpaid internship, but offers excellent experience in a non-profit entrepreneurial environment with the opportunity to contribute your ideas and have your voice heard as a valuable contributor to the team.
Our physical location is Ashburn, Virginia, but we work out of home offices so this will be a work-from-home opportunity, with meetings in person (or via Skype) every other week to go over work and set new assignments.
- MUST be Local to the DC metro area
- Experience with video editing software and iMovie
- Video production skills and experience
- Experience creating and marketing YouTube videos
- Social media savvy (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google+, YouTube)
- Ability to travel to Ashburn, VA bi-weekly (or do Skype meetings)
- 5-15 hours a week
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must work well independently
- Creative thinker, not afraid to offer up ideas for new and unique ways to reach our target audience
This is an exciting chance to get involved - and have a voice - with an organization which is on the leading edge of social change when it comes to the way society views mental illness.
This will be a volunteer position starting in late January and continuing through May. Would love to speak with anyone who might be interested in learning more!
To apply, please email: jennifer(at)thisismybrave.org and submit your resume and a video clip (can be shot on your smartphone or using a computer's webcam) telling us why you're interested in joining our team.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Video Production
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Macintosh Platform
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- up to 15 hours a week