Signature Chefs Auction Intern
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact everyday? This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment.
The March of Dimes Foundation has an excellent opportunity for a Signature Chefs Auction Intern will primarily be responsible for logistical and administrative support relating to key fundraising events around the Signature Chefs Auction, Orlando. Responsibilities include database management, assisting with creation of event materials, obtaining in-kind donations, recruiting and training volunteers, and completing other administrative duties as assigned. The overall objective and driving force for this position is to focus on a high level of customer service and satisfaction which will in turn contribute to retention and an enhanced donor and volunteer experience.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinating all logistics for Signature Chefs Auction and related events and meetings. This includes venues, permits, vendor negotiations, contracts, in-kind contributions, participant activities, event marketing and promotion, participant communications, collateral materials, day-of direction and management, etc.
- Managing and tracking direct and indirect event expenses
- Securing auction items and in-kind donations
- Recruiting, training and managing large groups of office and day-of-event volunteers
- Data entry utilizing Blackbaud CRM and Ampro software
- Supporting Senior Development Manager with day to day administrative tasks including preparing correspondence and meeting documents, making calls to schedule meetings, etc.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties on a routine basis
- All other duties as assigned
- 1 to 2 years prior administrative and event planning experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail and drive for excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and sometimes irregular hours
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/detail oriented
- Ability to lift 20-30 pounds
- Executive Admin
- Resource Development / Management
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 full days a week preferred