Internship Available - Marketing Assistant
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
POSITION TITLE: Marketing Assistant Internship with Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles
The African People's Education and Defense Fund (www.apedf.org) needs your skills and talents as a Marketing Assistant to the coordinator in one of its dynamic, economic development institutions - Uhuru Furniture and Collectibles in Oakland, CA. Be part of the team that is driven by African self-determination. Help produce a positive impact on the health, education, human rights and future of the black (African) community. Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles sells good quality furniture and collectibles at reasonable prices.
Under the direct supervision of the Promotions Coordinator, you will carry out weekly marketing assignments to ensure goals and deadlines are met and marketing and promotions campaigns are initiated and carried out in a timely fashion.
TASKS MAY INCLUDE
- Attending the weekly Marketing Team
- Using Photoshop to edit photos with layers, masks and isolating images from backgrounds
- Creating flyers for monthly and weekly sales promotions using Photoshop
- Weekly marketing meeting to lay out social media strategy and sales promotions strategy for the week
- Post and respond to people on social media including Facebook, Instagram and more
- Create weekly videos for Facebook and Instagram highlighting our inventory, staff, volunteers, etc.
- Photographing, cropping and posting pictures of our inventory to our website, OfferUp and LetGo
- Train volunteers to assist in editing our online postings as needed
- This internship will include training on any of the above if needed
- Have a strong passion for the APEDF mission ( www.apedf.org), self-determination and economic development for the African community
- Photoshop and social media skills
- Be organized, punctual reliable and honest
- Possess good oral and written communication skills
- Operate a reliable and consistent cell phone for communication as needed
- Volunteer coordination experience a plus
This is an unpaid internship with a commitment of a minimum of 3-9 months for 20-25 hours per week.
Email your resume to email@example.com and reply to this post to set up a time to interview!
3742 Grand AvenueOakland, CA 94610
- Social Media / Blogging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 20-30 hours/week