Volunteer Art Teacher Assistant: Preschool
We are looking for excellent volunteer assistant art teachers to help with our preschool art program at Fishtown Recreation Center.
The position entails a commitment of 3 hours a week, for ten weeks. Classes will be offered Wednesday mornings mid-September through early December.
Join our team of passionate volunteers and help us make a difference in students’ lives by providing engaging art lessons. Interested applicants should be willing to assist teachers by helping with lessons, working with kids, taking photos of student work, and posting photos of lesson plans on our blog.
Plan to attend our orientation meeting new volunteer meeting on Thursday, August 17th at 10am at our office in the BOK Building, 1901 S 9th Street, Studio 502, Philadelphia, PA 19148.
If you cannot make the above orientation date, please email email@example.com
Commitment 3 hours, once a week for ten total weeks
Transportation and ability to arrive promptly
Background/Interest in art/design/teaching
ASI volunteer release form- http://artsphere.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ASI-volunteer-Release-and-Intake-form-2014.pdf
Criminal Background Check- https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
Child Abuse Clearance- https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- FBI Fingerprint testing (if you have not lived in PA for ten consecutive years).
- Interest/background in teaching and art
- Flexibillity and ability to improvise in respond to student needs
- Prompt response to emails/phone calls
Founded in 1998, Art Sphere Inc. (ASI) is a Philadelphia-based non-profit, established to teach art to inner-city low-income youth. Our mission is to engage the creative in communities, empower neighborhoods to explore the positives in peoples' lives, and heal the mind, body and spirit through art. Art Sphere Inc. nurtures the artist in all of us to be able to think beyond what is possible in our own lives and communities. Our students, volunteers and partners transcend obstacles to bring about positive and lasting change that continuously enables thriving neighborhoods and a vibrant city!
Email a resume, volunteer release form, and your clearances to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
- Visual Arts
- Teaching / Instruction
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours a week
- Child Abuse Clearance, Criminal Background Check, Access to Email, Experience with art/children
- Assistant Art Teacher for...
- Help kickstart Art Sphere's...
- Mural Painting
- Assist with Teaching Art or...
- Social Media Coordinator
- Assistant Art Teacher for...
- Volunteers to Help Paint Mural...
- Art Nonprofit seeking Talented...
- Share your Creative Talents with...
- Constant Contact Business...
- Are you good at wordpress? Are...
- Show the world what kids can do!...
- College Interns and volunteers...
- Help us find matching Funds!...
- Spring Clean-up: Mural Painting...
- Volunteer Art Teachers- After...
- Assistant Social Media Coordinator
- Art Sphere 2015- 2016 Volunteers
- Media Development Volunteer...
- Social Media Expert