Jericho Project, a nationally acclaimed non-profit organization working to end homelessness in New York City, is currently launching a Women's Affinity Group. The Women's Affinity Group is a way for change-making women to maximize their impact on the well-being of our city's most vulnerable populations. By collaborating with key leaders in the social change movement, tapping into their networks of connections for sponsorship and support, spearheading strategic fundraising opportunities and using their powerful voices to advocate for those in need, these New York women will contribute to the mission of ending homelessness in a meaningful and tangible way for children and families.
The Women's Affinity Group's annual fundraising luncheon and strategic outreach efforts will support Jericho Project's Home to Stay program, which targets families that repeatedly return to homeless shelters for a variety of socioeconomic reasons.
A February 2016 census found that 80% of the homeless shelter population was comprised of families -- including over 23,000 homeless children. As might be expected, homelessness has been found to have a significantly detrimental impact on a child's physical, emotional, and academic development. Episodically homeless families also have the highest rates of intensive behavioral health treatment, placement of children into foster care, and unemployment.
Home to Stay's goal is to house these families and provide ongoing case management and employment services to ensure that parents and children maintain a stable and permanent home. The childhood experiences that most of us take for granted are often contingent upon housing stability. One of Home to Stay's recent clients, a 24-year old mother with three children under the age of 7, proudly boasts that she was able to cook her family their first Thanksgiving dinner last year.
Through Home to Stay over 200 families were housed in 2015. In 2016, we hope to double this number. All of the Women's Affinity Group's work will be channeled into increasing and improving Home to Stay's impact.
* Passion for Jericho’s mission and population
* At least 10 years of professional experience
* Deep knowledge of the New York City philanthropy sector
* Previous non-profit board/committee experience
* Willingness to strategically leverage relationships and opportunities to increase Jericho’s visibility and impact
* 1 calendar year tenure cycle--renewable year-over-year (for 5 years)
* 1 quarterly in-person meeting
* 1 quarterly conference call
* 2 annual volunteer/service engagements with the Agency *Families, friends & colleagues are welcome
* Network and collaborate within an exclusive community of philanthropic women leaders of influence
* Recognition and site branding/naming as a founding WAG member
* Access WAG events and activities
* Collective power to directly impact lives of high-risk NYC families and children
Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief overview of their job experience and philanthropic interests (subject line: "Women's Affinity Group"). Learn more at http://jerichoproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Jericho-Project-Womens-Affinity-Group-Concept-Paper-May-2016-1.pdf .
- Strategic Planning
- Business Analysis
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
- Business Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1 year (quarterly meetings and 2 annual events)
- 10+ years experience with business and philanthropy.