MINDDRIVE is looking for motivated volunteers to serve on a special event Drone committee.
This is an opportunity for longer-term volunteering through June of 2018. Committees will meet, as needed weekly or monthly leading up to FutureFest.
- Recruit volunteers for Drone area
- Work with MINDDRIVE staff to create list of potential partners
- Follow up with potential partners in person or via phone
- Ensure every participating partner signs appropriate agreement and returns copy to MINDDRIVE
- Work with Logistics Chairperson and MINDDRIVE staff to determine needs and accommodations
- Work with Volunteer Chairperson to determine volunteer role needs for activities
- Work with Logistics Chairperson to create a functional, safe environment for drone activities
- Day of event: greet partners, direct to their assigned area and check-in periodically
- Spread the word about the event
- Recruit friends to attend FutureFest
- Attend FutureFest and VIP Pre-Event
The event: FutureFest is projected to take place on June 2, 2018 at Swope Park.
FutureFest is an outdoor showcase of innovation and education in the heart of Kansas City. FutureFest will bring cutting-edge technology to the people. The event is hands-on and interactive focused in three primary areas: drones, electric vehicles and STEM based activities.
- Practice area where kids of all ages can try their hand at flying.
- Agility course where participants can register to compete in a time trial.
- Demonstration by industry professionals, possible feature acts.
- MINDDRIVE student demos of Electrathon vehicles.
- Electric cars on display, possible demo areas or car club showcase.
- Pit lane and charging zone.
- Robotics area for local groups and schools to showcase variety of projects.
- Hands-on Lego activity area or building area for on-site education.
- Mini-MINDDRIVE Experience, pine wood derby and CO2 car raceway.
Desired skills (not limited or required): attentions to detail, organization, experience with drones a plus
For more information on how you can join this committee: email Alyssa Elson, Volunteer & Development Coordinator or call 816-421-1810.
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Attend weekly/monthly meetings as needed
- This is not an opportunity for court-appointed community service hours