Do you want to make a difference in the lives of veterans in hospice and their families?
Are you interested in supporting veterans during their journey at the end-of-life?
Did you serve in the armed forces?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, then please sign up to volunteer today!
Colorado VNA’s hospice volunteer program is recruiting veterans interested in lending their time, talents and hearts to assist the team supporting hospice veterans and their loved ones. Sharing that military bond, veterans have the special ability to relate to the needs of veterans on hospice care like no one else can. Your understanding of the sacrifices veterans have made may help comfort them as they near the end of their lives. We have many patients that need this 1:1 attention from a fellow veteran to listen as they retell their stories and have witness to their memories. All volunteers receive initial and ongoing training so they are comfortable of their role and confident in their abilities to be of assistance.
4 Easy Steps to Get Started:
- Contact us.
- Complete a simple application.
- Email to schedule an interview and training.
- Give one shift of 2-3 hours each week.
- A high level of commitment
- 20-25 hours of specialized training
- Assignments are based on your location and availability
- On-going training is strongly encouraged after completion of 20-25 hours
- Flexible training schedule to get you trained and volunteering as soon as possible
- Minimum one year commitment
Cassie Sanchez (Manager of Volunteer Dept.)
- Patient Care
- Family Therapy
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20+ hours for training then 2-4 hours weekly after
- Administrative Support-...
- Hospice Volunteer - Become a...
- Help with Summer Mowing and...
- Craft for a Non-Profit
- Northern Colorado Administrative...
- Hospice Tuck-in Calling Program
- Got a hammer, duct tape, and...
- Bennett Community Wellness...
- Coach Others to Improve Balance...
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- DIY Skills Needed to Benefit...
- Gain Experience in the Medical...