Do you get excited knowing you could make a difference in the lives of veteran patients and their families?
Are you interested in supporting veterans on their journey at the end-of-life?If you answered yes to one or more of these questions then sign up to volunteer today!
Our Hospice Volunteer program is in need of veteran volunteers interested in lending their time, talents and hearts to assist in the team support of hospice patients and their loved ones. Sharing a military bond, veterans have the special ability to relate to the needs of veterans in hospice care.Your understanding of the sacrifices veterans have made may help comfort veterans as they near the end of their lives. We have many patients that need this 1:1 attention from a fellow veteran to listen as they retell their stories and have witness to their memories. All volunteers receive initial and ongoing training so they are comfortable of their role and confident in their abilities to be of assistance.
4 Easy Steps to Get Started:
· Contact us.
· Complete a simple application.
· Email to schedule an interview and training.
· Give one shift of 2-3 hours each week.
A high level of commitment, 20-25 hours of specialized training, and dependability. Assignments are based on your location and availability. We will provide training and on-going training. We will work with your schedule to get you trained and volunteering. We ask for a minimum of a year commitment.
Cassie Sanchez (Volunteer Manager)
- Patient Care
- Family Therapy
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20+ hours for training then 2-4 hours weekly after
- Hospice Volunteering - Be a...
- Adopt-A-Patient Gift Drive
- Help Medical Records Department...
- Clermont Park Independent Living...
- Adopt-A-Patient Gift Drive-...
- SEW FOR A NONPROFIT
- Are you handy and you want to...
- Greet Patients at Windsor...
- Greet Patients at Glenarm Rec...
- Greet Patients at KAVOD Senior...
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- Administrative Support-...
- Greet Patients and at Queen of...
- Northern Colorado Administrative...