A Dying Request - To Be With a Dying Patient in Delaware County, PA
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereDelaware CountyDelaware County, PA 19008
The end of an individual's life is a very sacred time. Our mission is to honor the patients we serve through offering bedside vigil. Sometimes families are not able to be present and need the reassurance that their loved one is not alone. Sometimes a patient has expressed a desire to have someone with them as they near death.
To be in the presence of a dying person is holy ground. It is, also, an especially precious time for loved ones. A volunteer can be a critical element to aleviate stress and offer a peaceful place for those to embrace the present and honor the dying as they move onto the beyond.
This opportunity is specifically for volunteers who are comfortable being with a family and/or patient when they are nearing the end of life. Training on the 'death & dying' process is provided prior to a volunteer being assigned to a case. Ongoing education and support are available through our staff development and bereavement services.
Please Be Assured that I do answer ALL inquiries! IF you don't hear back from me, there is a glitch in the email system! PLEASE call my cell OR email me directly!
Debra Toole at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
DEBRA'S cell: 302-593-4649
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible! You make the commitment!
- Comfortable with dying patients.
- Be A Hospice Companion Volunteer...
- Become a Pet Visitor Volunteer...
- A 'Vet to Vet' Companion for...
- A Medical Student Opportunity in...
- An Opportunity to Relax while...
- Become a Spiritual Care...
- A Dying Request - To Be With a...
- A Music Companion for Hospice...
- A Music Companion For Hospice...
- A Hospice VIGIL Volunteer for...
- Become A Pet Visitor Volunteer...
- A 'Vet to Vet' Volunteer for...