11 people are interested
The Tuskegee Cadet Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol, located at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) in Washington, DC, seeks volunteers with an interest in organizational adminsitration to assist squadron leadership, manage unit scheduling, and facilitate the smooth operation of the squadron.
Civil Air Patrol, the official auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force, is a nonprofit organization with 58,000 members nationwide. In its Air Force Auxiliary role, CAP performs about 85 percent of continental U.S. inland search and rescue missions. Its unpaid professionals also perform homeland security, disaster relief, and drug interdiction missions at the request of federal, state, and local agencies. The members play a leading role in aerospace education and serve as mentors to more than 24,000 young people currently participating in CAP's Cadet Program. Visit www.capvolunteernow.com for more information.
The Tuskegee Cadet Squadron is the only Civil Air Patrol squadron located inside the District of Columbia. The squadron is primarily dedicated to the implementation of the CAP Cadet Program, which encourages young people between the ages of 12 and 20 to develop leadership skills, meet physical and intellectual challenges, and serve their communities. At the same time, the squadron encourages adult members to use their volunteerism as a springboard to personal and professional development. Come join us in serving our community and our nation!
Location: Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, D.C.
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per month
- Assisting leadership in the management of the squadron’s schedule.
- Facilitating the smooth operation of Monday night squadron meetings.
- Creating and implementing administrative policies and procedures.
- Preparation of memoranda and correspondence.
- Tracking actions and requirements, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Performing related duties as assigned by the Commander.
- Familiarizing themselves with the organization, missions, publications, and policies of the Civil Air Patrol.
- Regularly attending weekly squadron meetings, held on Monday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Very high level of attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and people skills.
- Comfort using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Aged 18 or older.
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all internal regulations and procedures.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Enthusiasm for community service and working with youth.
- Access to professional development and leadership training and opportunities.
- Formal recognition of training, qualification, and experience through CAP's Administration Specialty Track.
- Training and mentoring available from higher headquarters' personnel.
- Networking and training at Wing, Region, and National Conferences.
In addition to position-specific duties, all members are encouraged to participate in Civil Air Patrol’s Emergency Services, Aerospace Education, and Cadet Program missions. A wide variety of Emergency Services and other training opportunities are available if desired, though participation is not required.
To apply, please email a letter of interest to Major Jacob Gerstein at email@example.com with the subject line "DW: EA".
17 More opportunities with Tuskegee Composite Squadron, Civil Air Patrol (U. S. Air Force Auxiliary)
We'll work with your schedule.
200 McChord Street (Hanger 1)Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB)Washington, DC 20032
- Administrative Support
- Executive Admin
- Office Management
- People Skills
- Program Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per month
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all regulations & procedures.