Work as little as 2 hours (or as many as 5) on Sat. or Sun. mornings (or for special events at other times) to improve our ability to welcome our customers warmly and to improve our speed and service by supporting the staff during busy times. You would learn to:
* Greet customers warmly, introduce yourself, seat them, and make them welcome to the Sparta.
* Make our fantastic Sparta coffee and keep coffee cups topped off for our customers.
* Bus dirty dishes and wipe tables as needed when staff is busy.
* Chat with customers if time allows. You would ask if they would like more info. on the mission of the Sparta, see if they would like to receive e-mail announcements from us on our specials (in the restaurant and for delivery) or on our membership program.
* If a customer is unhappy with their food or service, resolve the issue (steps provided during training).
* Part of our mission is to welcome and include people in or near poverty, including returning citizens who were formerly incarcerated, people with disabilities, and others who face an uphill climb in life. These folks are invited to the Sparta, and may receive coffee or food, as our funds allow. Of course, we are as welcoming to them as we are to any other customer. In addition, you will learn to make referrals for social services or other services they may need.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 9
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 hour shifts. Minimum commitment once a month.
- Children under 12 should volunteer as a team with an adult who will supervise them.
- Photography and/or video (phone...
- Articulate spokespeople to man a...
- Take minutes at meetings
- Google Group administrator
- Lunch deliveries in downtown...
- Social Media Coordinator(s)
- Coordinate lunch deliveries for...
- Coffeeshop Host & Ambassador
- Community relationship builder...
- Writers for Facebook, Instagram,...
- Internet Researcher
- Bookkeeper or accountant