Animal Therapists with Certified Therapy Pets Wanted!
19 people are interested
Sanctuary Hospice is seeking individuals with their own Certified Therapy pets. Please note that Sanctuary Hospice is not a facility. The role of a therapy pet volunteer would be to make visits to the patient's location and spend an hour or more with them. This will allow the patient to experience the therapeutic relief only a therapy pet can bring.
- Visit Hospice care patients living in their own homes, assisted living facilities, or skilled nursing facilities
- Provide patients with positive interactions with an animal that will bring emotional comfort
- Be both an engaged, compassionate visitor and responsible animal handler
- Must have your own certified therapeutic pet
- Reliable and punctual
- Patient, compassionate, and easygoing
- Must be aged 18 or older
- Must have a valid drivers license and auto insurance
- Must be able to pass background check and a drug test
- Bilingual a plus
**Please note that this is a recurring volunteer opportunity. We can work with your schedule, but are looking for at least a 90 day time commitment with a minimum of two hours per week.
Thank you so much for inquiring.
*Please note your pet must be a "Certified" pet.*
We'll work with your schedule.
2677 N. Main StSuite 110Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Animal Therapy
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour a week
- Pet must be Certified.