Animal Therapists with Certified Therapy Pets Wanted!
20 people are interested
Sanctuary Hospice is seeking individuals with their own Certified Therapy pets. Please note that Sanctuary Hospice is not a facility. The role of a therapy pet volunteer would be to make visits to the patient's location and spend an hour or more with them. This will allow the patient to experience the therapeutic relief only a therapy pet can bring.
- Visit Hospice care patients living in their own homes, assisted living facilities, or skilled nursing facilities
- Provide patients with positive interactions with an animal that will bring emotional comfort
- Be both an engaged, compassionate visitor and responsible animal handler
- Must have your own certified therapeutic pet
- Reliable and punctual
- Patient, compassionate, and easygoing
- Must be aged 18 or older
- Must have a valid drivers license and auto insurance
- Must be able to pass background check and a drug test
- Must be able to complete minimum of 25 hours of volunteering within first 90 days
- Bilingual a plus
*Please note your pet must be a "Certified" pet.*
About Sanctuary Hospice
2677 North Main Street Suite 110, Santa Ana, CA 92705, US
This mission of Sanctuary Hospice is to bring hope, support and life enriching care to those who face life's end.
Volunteers play a vital role in hospice care. They can provide companionship and help with activities that may enhance quality of life while bringing true joy to patients facing terminal illnesses. Volunteers are important and may help ease the burdens associated with end-of-life care for families and loved ones. While Volunteers provide companionship to patients, they can be of great support to their families. We also have other volunteer opportunities available in our programs such as, our Expressions Art Therapy, Blossoms of Love flowers, Pawsitive Pals Pet Therapy, or Music Therapy.
"The world is hugged by the faithful arms of Volunteers"-Terri Guillemets
*No prior medical knowledge is necessary.
We'll work with your schedule.
2677 N. Main StSuite 110Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Animal Therapy
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As scheduled. Must be able to complete minimum of 25 hours of volunteering within first 90 days.
- Pet must be Certified.