Sundown in Downtown is the Las Vegas Natural History Museum's annual, 21+ fundraiser to assist in furthering the mission of the Museum. The evening is an outdoor soiree filled with "small bites", refreshments, and entertainment donated by local businesses.
We need a variety of volunteers to help us with the event (some of which require you to be 21+)
- Thursday, June 1 (9am-1pm): Help us set up tents and tables ( all ages welcome, great for groups)
- Friday, June 2 (9am-1pm): Help us get final preparations finished. Bonus if you are familair with electric work. (all ages welcome)
- Friday, June 2 (4pm-8pm): We need plenty of volunteers to help throughout the event as runners, keeping the area clean, and navigating parking. You will be given a break to enjoy some of the bites. We will have some reserved parking for volunteers at the Museum ( 21+, great for groups)
- Friday, June 2 (8pm-12am): We need volunteers to help us tear down at 10pm. However, we encourage volunteers to arrive at 9pm to enjoy the party. We will have some reserved parking for volunteers at the Museum ( 21+, great for groups)
- Saturday, June 3 (9am-1pm): Help us finish striking the event and make sure Heritage Park looks are great as it was when we set up ( all ages welcome, great for groups)
There is some flexibility with the shifts as well if you can't stay the whole time.
If you want to have fun while supporting a wonderful museum, please sign up to volunteer!
Dress code: You will most likely be doing manual work outside so closed toe, flat shoes; clothing you can move around in (if you are volunteering with a group you are welcome to wear that organization's shirt), jeans and shorts are fine, nothing inappropriate. You will be representing the Museum, so please dress accordingly if you are helping with the actual event.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Some volunteer opportunities require all volunteers to be 21+