Currently seeking new members for our Board of Directors. We are a "working" board that includes mental health advocates representing various communities, perspectives and fields, including mental health professions, marketing/communications, public policy/advocacy, finance, law and development/fundraising among others.
MHANS is a volunteer organization and this means that board members are responsible for all programming, community outreach, fundraising, operations and volunteer management.
Board members are elected by MHANS contributors and serve for a three year term that is renewable. The Board of Directors includes 12 to 15 members who live and/or work in various north suburban communities.
Board members are expected to:
- Attend monthly board meetings and participate in at least one committee
- Participate in an annual board retreat
- Take an active role in fundraising and donor recruitment
- Serve other functions including program planning and implementation, community outreach/marketing, advocacy and/or volunteer supervision.
- Attend events including fundraisers and educational/advocacy programs
- Donate at a level commensurate with their financial position (at least $300 per fiscal year-"give or get" either as a financial contribution or in kind donation of professional services)
- Serve as ambassadors for MHANS in their communities and on social media
- Recruit board members
- Oversee the operations and development of the organization
- Mental Health
- Web Design
- Grant Writing / Research
- Event Planning / Management
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hr. meeting once per month plus committee work.