Currently seeking fundraising committee members. We are a "working" board that includes mental health advocates representing various communities, perspectives and fields, including mental health professions, marketing/communications, public policy/advocacy, finance, law and development/fundraising among others.
The fundraising committee works together to plan our annual appeal, annual event, and smaller events throughout the year.
Commitee members can serve on an ad hoc basis or join the board. Board members are elected by MHANS contributors and serve for a three year term that is renewable. The Board of Directors includes 12 to 15 members who live and/or work in various north suburban communities.
Commitee members are expected to:
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Participate in an annual retreat
- Take an active role in fundraising and donor recruitment
- Attend events including fundraisers and educational/advocacy programs
- Spent 1-2 hours a week on MHANS activities
- Mental Health
- Grant Writing / Research
- Event Planning / Management
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hr. meeting once per month plus committee work.