Gutsy person with comedic tendencies and a warped sense of humor define ideal candidate!
WhenSun Jul 10, 2016 09:00 AM - Mon Jul 31, 2017 04:00 PM
WhereWaggoner Road Junior High School360 S. Waggoner RoadReynoldsburg, OH 43068
- VISTAs collaboratively plan and implement sustainable programs that recruit and train volunteers for tutoring low performing reading, writing and math students in the junior high school setting;
- call upon community organizations, senior and retirement communities and houses of worship to seek candidates.
- Develop a database of volunteers for tutoring opportunities, tracking hours volunteered and record progress.
- Plan community service projects that can participate with National Service activities. Collaborate with staff to identify was to encourage family participation in various endeavors, ie Family Nights, Reading Programs.
- Develop Career Exploration Days where business persons showcase their careers and allow students to investigate jobs and understand education requirements necessary for specific careers.
- Recruit persons who have attended to college to present their experiences in their college career, type of school setting involved, skills and talents expected to be accepted into the college environment.
- Develop community partnerships for volunteer and/or financial support for VISTA programs.
- Research grant opportunities to benefit VISTA and school programs related to VISTA programming. Document participants and record outcomes for effectiveness of projects. Journal all activities and post results to create a history of VISTA efforts and provide opportunities for sustainability.
Program Benefits : Relocation Allowance , Childcare assistance if eligible , Living Allowance , Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend , Health Coverage* , Training .
Application must be processed through the Americorps VISTA web site: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=67475&fromSearch=true
- People Skills
- Grant Writing / Research
- Basic Computer Skills
- Community Outreach
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- year long commitment