This position is primarily responsible for ensuring the John L Food Depot’s shelves are stocked at all times.
● Restock, tidy, and display groceries in an orderly and appealing way
● Prepare emergency bags for unscheduled food network clients
● Rotate inventory as needed
● Assist with food fair preparation as necessary (alternate Fridays only)
● Clean freezers, coolers, and windows
● Clean food pantry area, including sweeping, mopping, and removing trash and empty boxes
A qualified volunteer:
▢ must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
●3- 4 hour shift on Wednesday
● Schedule shifts via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This volunteer helps provide a clean and organized food pantry for clients. Providing quality food items to families lacking an adequate disposable income is a vital part of our ministry and helps meet a basic need for our clients. To respect their privacy, this position has limited interaction with food network
- Customer Service
- Food Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours per week
- must be able to lift 25 lbs. stand for extended periods of time
- Help Feed Houstonians
- Group Activity - come share your...
- Resale Shop Associate
- Share your bright smiles,...
- Volunteer Food Depot Associate
- Resale Shop Assistant
- Friendly Friday - Pantry Helpers...
- Satisfying Saturday - Volunteers...
- Donation Center Volunteer
- Pantry Helpers needed!
- Prepare to impact the World! -...