WE NEED YOU!!!!
Chaucie’s Place, headquartered in Hamilton County, is seeking volunteers to help present Smart Steps: A Body Safety Program for Children(tm) in Marion, Hamilton, Boone, Madison, Tipton, Hancock and Hendricks Counties . Smart Steps: A Body Safety Program for Children(tm) is a child sexual abuse prevention and education program that teaches elementary school-aged children that their bodies belong to them; they have the right to say "NO!" to unwanted touches from anyone; to tell an adult about any touches that make them uncomfortable; and we assure students that abuse is never, ever their fault. This 30-minute interactive presentation is given in 85 public and private elementary schools, daycares and after-school programs in and around Central Indiana.
SMART STEPS VOLUNTEER EXPECTATIONS:
- Commit to a minimum of two presentations a month from September through May;
- Presentations are typically Monday through Thursday in Boone, Hamilton, Madison, Tipton, Marion, Hendricks and Hancock County schools between 8:30am-11:30am;
- Provide your own transportation to and from the schools;
- Complete and pass a Criminal History Background Check;
- Attend a 1 hour Smart Steps(tm) Volunteer Training;
- Attend the 2.5 hour Stewards of Children(r) training within 6 months after volunteer orientation/training;
- Represent Chaucie’s Place in a professional and friendly manner, following Chaucie’s Place’s Code of Conduct;
- Follow the program script during all presentations.
If you would like to be a volunteer for this amazing program; go to http://chauciesplace.org/volunteer-opportunities and click on the volunteer application, complete and submit the application. Further questions, contact Brady Powers, Director of Programs at email@example.com or call him at 317.759.8008. Thank you for your interest to help prevent child sexual abuse in Central Indiana!
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Teaching / Instruction
- Public Speaking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Commit to a minimum of two presentations a month