Meals On Wheels of San Francisco is seeking exceptional candidates to serve as Interns in the Volunteer department. Interns have an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the breadth of non-profit work, and learn from an outstanding and experienced team. The MOWSF Volunteer department has the support of over 3,000 volunteers per year and many partnerships with corporations, organizations and schools who all in varied ways support our mission. This is a great opportunity to work with a well-respected and highly-developed volunteer program and develop skills in volunteer recruitment and management as well as the field of community engagement. We are seeking Interns that will help us expand our volunteer engagement efforts, while meeting even more of the needs of our homebound senior clients.
- Summer 2016
- Must be able to work 2-3 weekdays in our Bayview neighborhood office.
- Minimum of 16 hours/week total, preferably 24 hours/week for a 3-4 month commitment
- Available occasional evenings/weekends
- hours can be flexible within normal business hours of 8:30a--4:30a
- Up to full-time hours are available
Manage all volunteer recruitment, updating online ads, website, and community contacts with current info. Work with both managers in volunteer department to ensure correct content. Report weekly on advertising updates and outreach activities.
Help with corporate, community group and school volunteer recruitment and coordination
Reply to all community group volunteering inquiries, communicating about various opportunities and scheduling events
Support group volunteer initiatives such as grocery bag assembly on Wednesdays and disaster kit deliveries, at times conducting the volunteer trainings at these events
Support general Volunteer Appreciation efforts, mailings
Some data entry required
Support with Special Events in June and late August
Other duties as requested by Director of Volunteers
- Bachelors Degree or current/part-time students.
- Experience/strength/interest in one or some of the following: Project Management, Marketing, PR, Editing, Communications, Non Profit Leadership/Management, Volunteerism, Corporate Relations, Development and Data Management
- That you care about our mission statement
- The ability to lift 35 lbs
Learning from and collaborating with one of the best non-profit Volunteer Departments in San Francisco
Networking and exposure to non-profit professional work
Being part of a positive, mission-oriented agency doing life-changing work on behalf of isolated seniors in the city.
College credit/fulfilling college requirements
If duties are fulfilled, a great letter of recommendation/references
- Reports to the Director of Volunteers
- Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com To learn more about our agency, visit our website at: www.mowsf.org
- Meals On Wheels of San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers with Wheels needed by...
- Make calls to check on homebound...
- Community Engagement Intern
- Good Neighbor Program: Join our...
- Be a Good Neighbor to a senior...
- Social Services Volunteer...
- Data & Research Intern
- Good Neighbor Program:...
- Home Delivered Groceries Driver
- Fresh Grocery Bag Assembly -...
- Spend a few hours talking with...