The Turning Point Center is a peer-to-peer recovery center that provides a welcoming, safe, sober space for anyone in or seeking recovery from addiction, as well as the family members and friends of those struggling with addiction. The center is looking for caring, friendly volunteers to greet visitors when they enter, answering phones, fill out basic paperwork, restock the coffee area and bathrooms, light cleaning duties, and working with staff to refer visitors to local meetings and resources.
Visitors to the center may be at any point in their journey to recovery, and they may be on which ever path is right for them, so it is essential that volunteers are able to suspend judgment and listen compassionately. Volunteers must also be able to abide by confidentiality guidelines so that all visitors feel safe and comfortable coming to the center .
Volunteers are needed at the following times: Monday 3-6pm, Tuesday 3-5pm, Wednesday 5-8pm, Friday 10am-2pm and 2pm-5pm
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, feel free to call 388-7044.
To expedite your placement via Volunteer Match, please be sure to include your phone number along with any questions or comments you may have in the Message Section before clicking on "FINISH".
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Crisis Counseling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-4 hour shifts
- Driver - Farm Worker Coalition
- HOPE Garden
- Jack or Jill of Trades
- Entertainers - Senior Care Homes
- Drivers - Living Well Senior...
- Driver - Hospice Volunteer...
- Art Gallery Volunteer
- Spring into the Arts
- Tax Assistance
- Condo Cat Companions - Homeward...
- Driver/Server for New Food...
- Special Events Volunteer
- Driver - for Blind and Visually...
- ELL Volunteer - Vermont Adult...
- Community Lunch Volunteers
- Driver - Meals on Wheels
- After School Support at The Boys...
- Basic Skills Volunteer Teacher -...
- Addison County Restorative...
- Exercise Program Leader - Bone...