Responsible for overseeing all community outreach activities, including: capital campaigns, fundraising initiatives, and other community activities of the ministry. Accountable for implementation of approved strategies for new business development and existing campaign efforts, designed to obtain funds from individuals, faith-based ministries, foundations and corporations.
- General: Promote and maintain a Christian focus of the AGAPE ministry.
- Fund Development/Grant Oversight: Collaborate with the executive staff and other line of business partners to create and implement a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the ministry. Provide periodic reports to the Executive Director on status and recommends adjustments when needed.
- Capital Campaign Management: Oversee campaign management, including pipelines, prospect donor tracking, strategy, task assignment and maintenance of timelines.
- Public Relations/Communications: Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote AGAPE to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the ministry. Prepare, maintain and distribute donor letters, the quarterly Newsletter, brochures, and other written materials as needed and required by individual donors.
- Special Events Coordination: Develop and direct annual special events (i.e. Palooza, Volunteer Appreciation Dinner, etc.), including coordination of honorees, guest invitations, seating, location arrangements, menu selection, and entertainment.
- Staff Leadership and Management: Lead, motivate and develop fundraising and communications staff so that they are passionate about what AGAPE has achieved and are committed to communicating that success and working effectively toward continual improvement.
- Community Relations/Advocacy:Promote AGAPE’s visibility and welfare through participation and membership in community forums, civic organizations and activities that are aligned with AGAPE’s mission and vision.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing strategic capital campaign events and fundraising activities
- Operation of standard office equipment including: computer, copier, fax machine, multi-line phone system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Windows; use of Internet and E-Mail
- Personal qualities that include integrity, commitment to AGAPE’s mission, respect for diversity and ability to inspire and motivate
Training and Supervision:
Volunteers will receive hands-on training from the Extended Services team. Volunteers will have direct access to a staff supervisor for questions, issues or concerns while performing their job.
Days/Hours of Operation:
AGAPE is open during the following hours:
Monday, Tuesday and Friday - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM and Thursday - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Time Commitment:We are looking for someone who can make a long-term commitment to volunteering in this role. This opportunity is flexible in days/times, but requires approximately 20-30 hours a week. Additional time may be required during major outreach events.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 20-30 hours a week
- We are looking for someone who can make a long-term commitment