is looking for a self-motivated, detail oriented individual to help support the needs of our clients across a variety of web projects and initiatives. This full-time position is a new addition to our team. In this role, you will work with the Web Team to plan, design, and build new sites for our clients. In addition, this role will include a fair amount of maintenance work on existing websites. Your maintenance duties will include using various CMS solutions to update existing site content (copy, images, video, etc.), as well as working with our development partners to perform updates to functionality on these sites.Requirements
- 2-5+ years professional work experience; a background in website programming/building is required.
- Bachelor degree; a focus on Web Development, Programming, or related areas is preferred.
- Experience working with the ExpressionEngine CMS is strongly preferred.
- Although this is not a design position, it’s important that you posses a strong understanding of good interface design and best practices.
- An inquisitive mind and passionate enthusiasm for technology; we’re looking for someone who is always looking for new ideas, researching new platforms and solutions to add to their own skills on an ongoing basis.
- You must have experience and inclination to work in a collaborative team environment, where good ideas and experienced opinions are highly valued; experience in a supervisory capacity overseeing other programmers is a plus.
- Familiarity with the principles of Advertising and Marketing are most welcome; experience working within an agency environment is a plus.
- Performing ongoing content maintenance and updates to clients sites, using existing content management systems.
- Working on existing sites developed by our web development partner, working within their workflow and source control to make simple updates or additions as needed. Please note, the majority of these sites are built on the ExpressionEngine CMS.
- Building out small scale, marketing-focused sites for clients and maintaining them following launch.
- Working with the rest of the team to review the requirements for new sites and making recommendations on interface, features/functionality, and development platforms in order to best meet the stated objectives.
- Providing ongoing knowledge and insight into current industry standards and practices as it relates to software, systems, and security. We’ll be looking to you to help keep us current with regards to technology and the web.
In addition to the role outlined above, the responsibilities of the Web Programmer/Builder position will also include:
- Preparing (and keeping current) documentation for all client sites, outlining the step-by-step process of how content/media is updated using the various tools and systems involved.
- Working with other members of the Web Team to perform quarterly reviews/audits of client sites and related digital or mobile applications in order to ensure consistency of messaging, current/accurate content, compliance with standards, and general functionality.
- Monitoring and maintaining client DNS registry and renewals.
- Providing additional technical support to the rest of the Gazillion & One team on an as-needed basis.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 6 Months to a year