This position is primarily responsible for providing instruction to students pursuing their GED. Instruction including but not limited to all areas associated with taking and passing the State General Education Development (GED) exam.
- Prepare classroom lessons in conjunction with the six- courses of the GED study program .
- Create a system of delivery for those lessons.
- Create a classroom environment that encourages and supports adult learners
- Manage and assist in training volunteers in support of the GED efforts
- Monitor class attendance for the purposes of student retention
- Student Engagement and Communication
- Maintain appropriate records and program statistics.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- An understanding of Adult learning styles
- Must be creative in developing solutions to difficult issues.
- Good public relations skills
- Excellent writing and oratorical abilities
- Excellent leadership and teaching abilities.
- 3-5 years of experience in an Adult Learning settings
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 17 to 20 hours per week